Enabling Wifi Client Mode in Ateca Navigation Plus Units made before week 22, 2017

Tell

Staff member
Needs someone to try it out. I got the information about the presence of the WiFi chipset in the standard unit from a trusted source on a board who's one of those guys that's been programming the unit with custom software so I'm confident that he's correct on that. The question is whether Obdeleven hooks pick up every thing in there. I was a bit surprised when I changed the 2016 Plus infotainment firmware so it put the unit in client WiFi mode. They had shipped the early Ateca's with firmware that didn't make very good use of WiFi. A simple change in the parameter settings made it work correctly with Seat apps. The manual and the screen didn't tally so it was a bit obvious something was wrong.

It could be that the standard unit just needs the wifi turned on in these early units and the menu would pop up. Vag operates with suppressed menus controlled by VCDS tools (Obdeleven being one) so the where with all just needs turning on - perhaps. On the top of the thread I list the Obdeleven infotainment 5F parameters for the Plus.

I would not recommend buying Obdeleven just for this but if you had it you could check the 5F parameters looking for WiFi parameters, toggling on etc and rebooting the unit to see.

Mar 30, 2020
Needs someone to try it out. I got the information about the presence of the WiFi chipset in the standard unit from a trusted source on a board who's one of those guys that's been programming the unit with custom software so I'm confident that he's correct on that. The question is whether Obdeleven hooks pick up every thing in there. I was a bit surprised when I changed the 2016 Plus infotainment firmware so it put the unit in client WiFi mode. They had shipped the early Ateca's with firmware that didn't make very good use of WiFi. A simple change in the parameter settings made it work correctly with Seat apps. The manual and the screen didn't tally so it was a bit obvious something was wrong.

It could be that the standard unit just needs the wifi turned on in these early units and the menu would pop up. Vag operates with suppressed menus controlled by VCDS tools (Obdeleven being one) so the where with all just needs turning on - perhaps. On the top of the thread I list the Obdeleven infotainment 5F parameters for the Plus.

I would not recommend buying Obdeleven just for this but if you had it you could check the 5F parameters looking for WiFi parameters, toggling on etc and rebooting the unit to see.

Thanks for your reply. I have a RossTech V2 VCDS cable. I hooked it up and tried the changes using latest VCDS software. Got into 5F module, secured accesed it an then went into adaptations. Found every option you pointed out, but none of them was able to be modified. A "request out of range" always popped up. Am I doing something wrong?

Tell

Staff member
Wondering whether this is because you need to unlock the 5F protection which I did in Obdeleven. That's called "Developer Mode Access on the Infotainment System". See

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/page-2

Basically the infotainment unit parameters are locked down if my memory serves me correct until you unlock the developers menu. It was something they put in with Mib2. Mib1 was unlocked so didn't have the extra protection. At one stage you could only do this with the Obdeleven and it was pretty bizarre turning it on. I got help from Seat people on the Obdeleven board on that bit which I put on the thread. I guess you can do it via other tools now.

Ah yes, try this for that

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?19338-How-to-enable-the-Hidden-Menu-for-Audi-S5-2018

That might be the issue.... then may be not.... been a while but I definitely have the developers menu enabled. That's how people access the green menu but I think it locks all setting changes down till you unlock it.

Mar 30, 2020
Tried everything. Developer menu enabled, all coding settings and adaptations. It doesn't work with my unit. Can't figure out why. Thanks anyway.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Android Auto wireless seems to use the 5GHz frequency as opposed to 2.4GHz. Are these units able to make use of this frequency?

Tell

Staff member
I believe 2.4 Ghz mib2 are all on the standard. Mib2 high is 2.4gGhz - I did toggle the 5Ghz band using Obdeleven, it didn't work.

The wireless mapping link is on mib3 but only on the zn2 build code units that a're not being installed into Seat UK at the minute. Only on the Cupra's 2020s in the UK. Differential of keeping the best for the Cupra brand in the UK atleast.

That's my understanding, Seat UK all zn1 units won't do the wireless mapping link, fancy stuff xn2 only on the the Cupra in 2020 models. Apple connect atleast.

You'd have to find a Cupra showroom and try it out.

The Alexa app was withdrawn by Seat as a footnote.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise