Xtrons PSD70IBS DVD Player

Apr 2, 2020
I just came across the Xtrons PSD70IBS while trying to get an latest Android 10 Car Stereo to upgrade my Seat Cupra 2010. To my surprise, it still has the DVD player. I am wondering is it still necessary to get a car head unit with DVD player? I hear from my friend that dvd is outdated. Why they still have this feature? Isn't that we can listen to music via the Android apps like Spotify?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You mean CD or DVD player? If it's DVD, maybe it's to connect to LCD monitors so the kids can watch Pepper Pig in the back.

The_Saint

Apr 6, 2014
Cardiff
When I got an Android unit with no optical drive I realized just how little I had used one since MP3 and MP4 became the standard for media.

May 10, 2020
Some Android head units have a built-in CD and DVD player, just need to be linked to your cars parking brake to ensure the screen is used legally. However, watching a DVD while driving will be distracting. I have had an XTRONS double din since 2018, clear, powerful, beautiful sound. i have never had a problem with it, it has video output, so i always connect it to the monitors( from XTRONS too) for backseats. perfect if you need to keep the kids shtum on a long journey,

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.