How to update SatNav maps?

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
LEGOJON - I'd say, wait until you are making a longish journey to somewhere you are familiar with, and in the meantime, just use the card for short, unfamiliar journeys, or...

VROOM, VROOM, BEEP BEEP!.. honest, officer - I'm just recreating the tv ad for my YouTube channel! :D

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
upload_2020-4-3_20-26-53.png

upload_2020-4-3_20-26-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-3_20-26-35.png
    upload_2020-4-3_20-26-35.png
    611.6 KB · Views: 84

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
That's entirely normal... Same as a neighbour of mine who used to go out digging his garden around 8pm in the summer, and his name wasn't Fred West! :D

Cheriton

Mar 3, 2019
Portsmouth
Hi Guys..Has anyone bought the 6PO919866 V12 2020 SD card and did it work straight away..Thinking of getting one but read so many different stories about updated SD cards and that only Seat main dealers can supply and activate them? :think:
Thanks.

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
Hi Guys..Has anyone bought the 6PO919866 V12 2020 SD card and did it work straight away..Thinking of getting one but read so many different stories about updated SD cards and that only Seat main dealers can supply and activate them? :think:
Thanks.
I'm on 6po919866 v.12 now. Just plugged into the sd card slot, and after a few seconds it was up and running. If you order from the web address I posted (www.satnavstore.com), they supply oem cards. The current price should be around the £35 mark.

Cheriton

Mar 3, 2019
Portsmouth
I'm on 6po919866 v.12 now. Just plugged into the sd card slot, and after a few seconds it was up and running. If you order from the web address I posted (www.satnavstore.com), they supply oem cards. The current price should be around the £35 mark.
Hi Steve.
So they work straight out of the box and don't need dealer activation even though I don't have Map Care. I've seen other posts on the forum that its a mine field to get these to work. Regards.

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
Hi Steve.
So they work straight out of the box and don't need dealer activation even though I don't have Map Care. I've seen other posts on the forum that its a mine field to get these to work. Regards.

You dont need mapcare. If your infotainment system has that sd card 6PO919866 in either of the card slots, that's where your sat-nav gets all its info from. That company I mentioned supplies cards that (if activation was ever required) simply slots into your sd card port. Give it a wee bit of time to update anything in the head unit's firmware, then you are good to go!

Think of it like this - your dealership is preying on your ignorance of how this works, so they exploit you by telling you nonsense, such as:

you'll need to leave your car with them, as it's "very technical".

Its expensive because your head unit is actually a small computer, and needs reprogrammed, etc...

Worst case - the card doesn't work, so you send it back for a refund. What's to lose?

Last edited:

Cheriton

Mar 3, 2019
Portsmouth
You dont need mapcare. If your infotainment system has that sd card 6PO919866 in either of the card slots, that's where your sat-nav gets all its info from. That company I mentioned supplies cards that (if activation was ever required) simply slots into your sd card port. Give it a wee bit of time to update anything in the head unit's firmware, then you are good to go!

Think of it like this - your dealership is preying on your ignorance of how this works, so they exploit you by telling you nonsense, such as:

you'll need to leave your car with them, as it's "very technical".

Its expensive be cause your head unit is actually a small computer, and needs reprogrammed, etc...

Worst case - the card doesn't work, so you send it back for a refund. What's to lose?
I'll give it a shot then.

Steven Rowan

Mar 16, 2020
If you order tonight, they will despatch your order tomorrow, so you should get the card by friday latest. Any probs, I'm here - locked down and loaded... well, I was loaded, but I spent a fortune stocking-up during this pandemic! LOL

Cheriton

Mar 3, 2019
Portsmouth
If you order tonight, they will despatch your order tomorrow, so you should get the card by friday latest. Any probs, I'm here - locked down and loaded... well, I was loaded, but I spent a fortune stocking-up during this pandemic! LOL
Its ordered...fingers crossed and all that.... Ill let you know if it works.

Bosher

Installed V12 yesterday.
Was it worth the £35? Only if you lose your phone and can't use the sat nav on that.
Main plus point: Surprisingly up to date.
Main neg points: Still looks like the screen has been drawn by a 6-year-old with some crayons. Did expect a bit of an update to the app but guess the software is too dated now for any ehancements.

CHRI55

Yes its been Tango'd
Oct 15, 2006
Norfolk
Hi Guys.

Mine is the RNS 310 I believe.

How do I go about updating it to latest firmare on that system and can I use 2020 maps on it?

Thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.