Digital Service Record

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Hi. Would you mind sending me a copy of this template of of yours please. I had a similar problem with my car and the wifes BMW regarding the service history that i was not able to access. Kind regards Doug.

Of course. Drop me a MP.

arizla

Dec 7, 2014
Bishop Auckland
I know a guy who was a Master Technician for Vauxhall. He says exactly the same thing. Dealer mechanics don't even get the time to do the job thoroughly, it's all about getting it done quickly so you make more money. His advice was that a good independent will do much better job.

The first time I encountered a digital service record was on a Mazda. There was no service book to get stamped, it was all in the Big Brother Mazda computer. I asked if it was possible to get work done by independent garages added to that record and they said no.

I started just keeping receipts and made up my own service log. I included not just servicing but a record of faults, repairs, MPG and included a list of consumables like bulbs and wipers so that it's a one-stop document for looking after your car. It worked so well I've done it ever since and buyers are totally happy with it. They can see that the car is carefully maintained and are not at all phased by the absence of the digital record.

I can send a copy of a record to anyone who wants to see what I mean or use it as a template? It's pretty simple.
Have sent you PM requesting template.

Mikeyh22

Oct 18, 2014
Bolton
A little off topic but related to servicing; it drives me up the wall when the main dealer service staff are obsessed with getting a 10 score and telling you to give them that score. They tell you when you pick the car up and then again on a call a day later. Shame they weren’t interested in the missing wheel nut cover and the automatic handbrake setting being changed (which I’ve never disabled in 2.5 yrs and don’t know why they felt the need to).

Reactions: Mr Pig
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.