Suspension for 2016 1.4 FR 150 DSG

Apr 4, 2020
Hi I have recently purchased this model Leon I really like the car except the suspension seems tired and rattly.
I wonder if anyone can recommend a new full suspension kit I don't want to lower the car or give it a firm ride just looking for better comfort over speed bumps and it having a tighter feel. Any advice appreciated.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Just looking for better comfort over speed bumps and it having a tighter feel.

Best of luck getting both!

The mistake they made with this car was not giving it the independent rear suspension. The beam axle is fine with the softer set up and 16 or even 17'' wheels but stiffen it up and put bigger wheels on it and you've got a problem. You're now asking the suspension to do more and it's not up to it. It's too easily unsettled and crashes over rough surfaces.

I think the best compromise with this suspension set up is SE springs and dampers with big wheels. But my next car will have the independent back end.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Is it possible to swop the 1.4 beam for the 1.8 independent set up?

Interesting question. I guess if all the mounting points are there, I don't see why not, but it might not be cheap. Other parts might be different, like the exhaust for instance.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.