ABT Tuning

Jackson

Sep 30, 2019
Hi all

Not sure if anyone is aware but Seat UK plan on rolling out the ABT tuning pack as an upgrade offered through all Cupra dealerships. Meaning warranty is also kept. And not limited to Cupra ST-R or Ateca models.

Not sure on timescales, but would anyone be interested in this?

Also anyone who currently has the ABT upgrade, please share your feedback on the performance etc

Last edited:

JCB360

Apr 28, 2019
Kidderminster
I'd be interested if it doesn't impact warranty, more importantly any idea on the price? As it was a £500 upgrade on the ST-R, but its about £2000 if you get direct from ABT in the UK.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
It’s a great option for anyone wanting the extra power whilst not voiding any warranties.

I guess it all comes down to cost really. There’s a lot of other modules similar to it that boast the same or more power. SEAT would have to undercut the price of those really to get any business coming their way. Otherwise what reason do people have to go to SEAT rather than buy something like a JB4 or DTUK box?

I know cost won’t be the sole reason that people chose their products on but £500+ (if the Cupra R ST ABT package is anything to go by) just seems like it would price a few people out, and as we all know, it’s always cheaper to buy from the factory rather than after the car has left the factory. So I think a premium would be added to the ABT module too.

It’s good to see SEAT dipping their toes in the after sales tuning market though. It seems like they’ve listened to demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Will this be just available with new purchases or will it be available as a retrofit on older cars?

Previously the ABT pack has to be purchased with a new car and was not available as a retrofit option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peller

Jackson

Sep 30, 2019
I'd be interested if it doesn't impact warranty, more importantly any idea on the price? As it was a £500 upgrade on the ST-R, but its about £2000 if you get direct from ABT in the UK.

I spoke to an ABT dealer on the off chance as I was interested in another car they had, and they said the ABT package is exclusive to Seat UK so cannot offer it as they’re contracted in. Wasn’t available at all let alone £2000?

I was told it would be available to older cars also, so my 2019 Cupra is eligible. But only available at Cupra dealerships.

Feb 27, 2020
I spoke to an ABT dealer on the off chance as I was interested in another car they had, and they said the ABT package is exclusive to Seat UK so cannot offer it as they’re contracted in. Wasn’t available at all let alone £2000?

I was told it would be available to older cars also, so my 2019 Cupra is eligible. But only available at Cupra dealerships.

I would definitely be interested in this however I contacted ABT a few months back and they said I had to go through a seat/Cupra dealership. Contacted a local dealership and they said it was only offered on the Cupra R ST model. Are you able to share the dealership details that said it was available on other Cupra models?

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
I’d be interested to keep warranty; Revo offering stage 1 for GPF for £600, so you’d expect a small premium to maintain warranty.
Was going to go for Revo in the summer once the lockdown is complete....

Reactions: Cupra mike

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
Would be interested too. Was going down the Revo route but with 12months warranty left I’d much prefer the ABT if the warranty was protected

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Hi all

Not sure if anyone is aware but Seat UK plan on rolling out the ABT tuning pack as an upgrade offered through all Cupra dealerships. Meaning warranty is also kept. And not limited to Cupra ST-R or Ateca models.

Not sure on timescales, but would anyone be interested in this?

Also anyone who currently has the ABT upgrade, please share your feedback on the performance etc

Spoke to SEAT UK MD about 2 months ago and there was no plans then for it to be offered. Until there is an official release wouldn't hold your breath.

Who was this "ABT Dealer" because Richer Sport here in MK are actually ABT UK and they have previously said the same as SEAT UK.

So this dealer obviously knows something that neither SEAT UK or ABT UK knows..

Jackson

Sep 30, 2019
Spoke to SEAT UK MD about 2 months ago and there was no plans then for it to be offered. Until there is an official release wouldn't hold your breath.

Who was this "ABT Dealer" because Richer Sport here in MK are actually ABT UK and they have previously said the same as SEAT UK.

So this dealer obviously knows something that neither SEAT UK or ABT UK knows..

It was Richter Sport that told me :think:

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Keep in mind you will get better and more consistant performance from a Revo map than from the ABT module.

Mar 27, 2020
Hi going to stage 1 my 2019 290, when lock down is lifted, best car to date I love it, and had a mk7 golf r in 2016, just love how alive it feels, and I bagged a bargain pre reg 69 plate with 59 miles only £20750, but it had been sitting in a compound for 9 months...

Reactions: Jazzjames

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
If they do it, I would put my money on " retrofit " being availble, as it's software. But I would also put my money on it being a lot of money.

The only thing I can comare it to, working for volvo, polestar offer a software upgrade for a lot of models, some will be 10hp and 20nm, some will be 40hp and 60nm, and the charge is £850.00

When you compare that to aftermarket options, it's more expensive and less gains... seat have more customers likely to pay for it than volvo... although the ABT gains are ok, I think it will be over a grand... I hope it isn't, I would set my personal limit as 750 quid, so i recon my cupra is gonna stay at 300hp haha

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
If they do it, I would put my money on " retrofit " being availble, as it's software. But I would also put my money on it being a lot of money.

The only thing I can comare it to, working for volvo, polestar offer a software upgrade for a lot of models, some will be 10hp and 20nm, some will be 40hp and 60nm, and the charge is £850.00

When you compare that to aftermarket options, it's more expensive and less gains... seat have more customers likely to pay for it than volvo... although the ABT gains are ok, I think it will be over a grand... I hope it isn't, I would set my personal limit as 750 quid, so i recon my cupra is gonna stay at 300hp haha
I thought the ABT was a secondary tuning box, similar to DTUK? If it is then it would elevate the standard 300 to the ABT R spec of 345bhp. Still less than a Revo and undoubtably dearer but if it protects the warranty then it’s a good option

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
Well, yes... But proper remaps will be permanent software. That could be removed, again with software.

Tuning boxes do similar things, but would have to be plugged in to the OBD, and I think MAF and another sensor.

I'm not massively clued up on modifications to seats despite having 2 cupras over the last 5 years. But I think abt is a software? Feel free to correct me !

But keeping the warranty is where their pricing increase comes from, and that's what I am waiting for !

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019

280jl

Nov 20, 2015
Bromley
Thanks for the pointers mate, I only come on here every now and then ( usually when drunk ) , so miss a lot of stuff.. going to take those links all in to account.

Crazy thing is, I don't track mine, mainly my cupra is my daily drive so do 50 miles a day in it, just got used to to power over the last 5 years, keep thinking a remap would be a good idea, but **** myself as if anything goes wrong under warranty and have to pay for it.

I still think the abt would be a noticeable difference, but do i take the gamble and get a revo with more for less ?

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
It would be very noticable. If you could get it retrofitted with warranty intact for £500 I think it would be worth it for sure.