1.5TSI EVO Tuning

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
You getting rid of the Leon BigJase? Sad days.

May I why and what you’re swapping for?
I need an auto had a knee op last year and the OT needs to learn to drive so just going to try get her on an automatic license as she has tried and failed with a manual.

looking at an a3 sport s-tronic

Reactions: GeoffGeoff

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
I need an auto had a knee op last year and the OT needs to learn to drive so just going to try get her on an automatic license as she has tried and failed with a manual.

looking at an a3 sport s-tronic
Hope the knee is ok...sounds like a good choice the A3’s are nice.

Let us know how you get on.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Is your lease up mate?
No got a change of circumstance / voluntary terminated as had a knee op last year the only stipulation is my next car must also be through volkswagen finance.

As everything is on hold at the moment then it's all up in the air, the dealership need to purchase the car from vw finance and sort out any money owed on the car, i have already told them if they want money their way then it's a no deal. Will just have to wait it out

Last edited:
Reactions: GeoffGeoff

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
No got a change of circumstance / voluntary terminated as had a knee op last year the only stipulation is my next car must also be through volkswagen finance.

As everything is on hold at the moment then it's all up in the air, the dealership need to purchase the car from vw finance and sort out any money owed on the car, i have already told them if they want money their way then it's a no deal. Will just have to wait it out
Cupra with DSG box?:cheeky:

GeoffGeoff

Feb 1, 2020
Don’t think i would own another SEAT. Too many bits have fallen off this one. The days of fast cars are behind me especially with putting a learner on the insurance :cry:
Sad days...sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had...don’t blame you with a learner to be honest...not sure I’d trust myself with a Cupra the 1.5 has definitely made me focus more on economy than performance.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Sad days...sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had...don’t blame you with a learner to be honest...not sure I’d trust myself with a Cupra the 1.5 has definitely made me focus more on economy than performance.
I have had quick cars in the past mapped 330d coupe, civic type r amongst others, i don’t drive fast these days anyways got a 5 month old so for a kick off i’m not allowed

looking at a 1.6 tdi for gods sakes. All 110bhp of it saves the temptation i guess

GordonMcC

Feb 8, 2017
Ayrshire, Scotland
I have had quick cars in the past mapped 330d coupe, civic type r amongst others, i don’t drive fast these days anyways got a 5 month old so for a kick off i’m not allowed

looking at a 1.6 tdi for gods sakes. All 110bhp of it saves the temptation i guess
same as me. new born on the way and my Cupra leaves me in June to make way for a Skoda Kodaiq 1.5tsi

Apr 19, 2019
nobody want it? £89 or i'll stick on ebay
Hey Jase,

Sorry to ressurect this old thread. Can you advise how you managed to get the turbo sensor on the 1.5tsi? I moved the vacuum pump out of the way but I can bearly touch the damned thing never mind get the plug off and replace it with the race chip A end.

Appreciate some advice!

Cheers.

Oct 26, 2019
Hey Jase,

Sorry to ressurect this old thread. Can you advise how you managed to get the turbo sensor on the 1.5tsi? I moved the vacuum pump out of the way but I can bearly touch the damned thing never mind get the plug off and replace it with the race chip A end.

Appreciate some advice!

Cheers.

Hi, I spent almost 2 hours without success - I'm able to release clip - but not take out the plug. I disconnected other cable connectors around to have better access without any success :-O :(

Did you find any trick for easier remove of turbo boost sensor?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Hi, I spent almost 2 hours without success - I'm able to release clip - but not take out the plug. I disconnected other cable connectors around to have better access without any success :-O :(

Did you find any trick for easier remove of turbo boost sensor?
It is an absolute pig to get to,

i used a long flat blade screwdriver to get it off, it is by no means easy, plugging back in is just as awkward.

hands cut to bits and lots of swearing required.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Hey Jase,

Appreciate some advice!

Cheers.
Sorry missed this at the time, i guess you probably sussed it out in the end.

apologies

Oct 26, 2019
Yeah - especially really hard to find only by manual... But didn't finished it - don't have long and thin flat screwdriver enough.

But what are long time experience? Is it worth it? Or is better way to go with remap?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Yeah - especially really hard to find only by manual... But didn't finished it - don't have long and thin flat screwdriver enough.

But what are long time experience? Is it worth it? Or is better way to go with remap?
Remaps are generally always more beneficial if chasing pure performance

however they null and void the cars warranty especially as all 1.5 tsi’s should still be under 3 years old.

tuning box you can in theory unplug it and your warranty will remain in tact.

pro’s and con’s to both

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Really curious if anyone did any other tuning besides a remap/tuning box.
Mods for this engine seem to be a bit scarse!

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
I know it was a while ago but this caught my eye!
The 'guesstimated' engine power is about 40% higher than the measured/calculated wheel power!
That it just not possible - The drivetrain, especially from a new efficient FWD car is not absorbing 53bhp or nearly 40,000watts! of heat!

This is an interesting read:
"If you are starting from a wheel bhp figure then you have to apply those equations in reverse - add 10 bhp then divide by 0.9 for FWD"

So the measured 137.6wheel BHP is more likely 164 engine BHP.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.