Mk3 rear wiper

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi as per title
The wiper arm on the rear of the mk3 is really ugly.
Is there a better solution apart from deleting.
What have you done? Do you have pics you can post?
It’s for an ST but imagine it’s same for all mk3 leon platform?
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
Beauty or ugly - eye of beholder.

I've never cared about the look of the rear wiper; maybe it's because I'd rather be inside the car than outside, or if outside then doing something other than stare at its rear?

Reactions: Mr Pig and Walone

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’ve never given any thought to the aesthetics of the rear wiper arm. It works, that’s all that matters to me.

The depth of the rear screen on most cars dictate length of the rear wiper arm. With many modern cars having quite a shallow rear screen, the rear wiper arm has to be short. If it wasn’t, it would hit the above-screen spoiler, or on cars with no above-screen spoiler, the wiper would extend above the top of the rear screen when in use.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
I’ve never given any thought to the aesthetics of the rear wiper arm.

No one does. Except boy racer types who spend an unhealthy amount of time staring at their cars!

Number plates and wipers are effectively invisible to most people. All cars have them so your eye 'tunes them out' and you don't think about them at all.

However, if you mess with them. Fit a smaller number plate or other such foolishness then they jump out at you. By trying to improve the looks of your car you've actually made it worse. Boy racers don't understand this at all, which is why their cars usually look shite! To everyone except other boy racers that it.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
you guys crack me up.
It’s certainly not boy racer time.
I’m actually asking for a pal who hasn’t made an account on here.
He’s 56 and in love with his new Cupra ST.
Hes NOT keen on the wiper arm and tbh I’ve seen much better on other cars.
He thought of deleting it to tidy the rear, but he uses it.
I suggested he asked in here as to alternatives.
I’m also in my 50’s. Not a boy racer but I have a track focused car. Which sees track time.

If your attitude is to put others down so you fell like a bigger people then good luck with that.
No wonder he wasn’t sure about joining here, if that’s the kind of response you lot come out with when someone asks a question. Mk3 section is a surprise.
I’ve been all for SCN and pushed him to come on here.
Don’t think I’ll be showing him your daft replies, or maybe I should.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
you guys crack me up. It’s certainly not boy racer time

Not many grown ups do stuff like this. You don't seem to have thought about my point? Anything you do to the wiper will only draw attention to it, which is exactly the opposite of what you want.

And the length of the wiper is dictated by the height of the window. Cars with longer wipers have bigger windows!! So best of luck fitting a longer arm.

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
I dont really see the wiper as ugly but each to there own.
I had a mk1 cupra R and 1 of the favourite mods was to change the rear wiper arm for a arm off of a skoda fabia if my memory is correct.
So saying that it serves no purpose and makes your car look worst is abit silly.

There may well be a improved looking arm off of something else so why not change it?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sparkie

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
I didnt say fit a longer arm? I said fit a better looking arm. Everyone has different tastes so why not look around for a arm that suits the persons taste?

rob280

Oct 27, 2019
Yes if they prefer it. I dont see the issue really? Each to their own.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
If you look at them the holder stops half way down and the blade itself pokes out alike a poodles ****.

As mentioned above the mk1 mod changed the same style for a version than covered the entire blade.
Obviously the blade doesn’t want to be bigger!!! Common sense guys, for the love of the gods.
Thought it was pretty obvious It was to do with the cover.

Reactions: rob280

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I don't recall seeing such a thing. Do you have a link to a picture?

Here you go
df8b03d1901396383780a9a8642f3be9.jpg

They are from a Skoda Fabia estate 2005.
The original wasnt a full cover either.
Also used to bounce on the glass even with new blades.
This mod sorted that too.

Reactions: rob280 and Redrevis