what have you done to your car today ?

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Cheers mate. It’s been the busiest time ever.
Busier than Christmas!
Easing off a bit now but still doing a 12 hour shift at work then coming home to 2 hours of home schooling 3 kids, tea, family walk then bed to get up again at 2 am.
The roads are quiet though. Lol
Hope you and the family keeping well in the current situation.
I’ve not been your way for a few weeks but we’re now doing Whitehaven Tesco from our depot as well now.

I’m only 6 miles from Whitehaven Tesco. Put this virus was stopping social contact, I would jabbed made you a coffee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nathan penney

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Only one or two . How’s things with you and yours?

@Maypack....everything’s ok with the family and me,managed to bag myself a job in November so I’m now classed as a key worker delivering stuff for FedEx. It feels good to get back to work since the accident.Mrs Maypack&you ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Do I buy one of these to put on the wall in my workshop lol
Screenshot_20200416-212913_eBay.jpg

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Took a bit of a gamble and purchased the factory option Seat Sport suspension kit (bilstein b12's).

I usually like tried and tested mods but these represented about a £300 saving off b12s and were a fraction more than a rusted second hand set I saw this week on facebook market place.
7e0dd8090649685ec65a2bd8cf5eaa74.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bruceR

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
In the process of changing my headlamps. But I’ve just snapped one of the upper headlamp torx nuts. I’m reluctant to try the 3 others now without knowing how to fix get the snapped one out.:think:
What are my options??? I’m a DIYer so don’t have access to an abundance of tools.
D71DA7D1-614C-469C-874C-4BC37B926E56.jpeg

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
In the process of changing my headlamps. But I’ve just snapped one of the upper headlamp torx nuts. I’m reluctant to try the 3 others now without knowing how to fix get the snapped one out.:think:
What are my options??? I’m a DIYer so don’t have access to an abundance of tools.
View attachment 14407
Going to have to drill out the old screw. I'd then use a rivnut took and rivnut to create a new threaded section in the metal. Then you can use a new bolt. Try using penetrating oil on the rest before attempting them

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Going to have to drill out the old screw. I'd then use a rivnut took and rivnut to create a new threaded section in the metal. Then you can use a new bolt. Try using penetrating oil on the rest before attempting them

Ok thanks for the advice. Mission abort for today I think. Lesson learned - I could have loosened these nuts yesterday before I jacked the car up, removed wheel arch liners and undid all the front bumper bolts!! Thank god I didn’t remove the bumper. :doh:

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Defo give them a good dose of penetrating oil + if you have access to a heat gun or similar just give them a heat up before you try undoing them

Reactions: g60stu

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Defo give them a good dose of penetrating oil + if you have access to a heat gun or similar just give them a heat up before you try undoing them

Penetrating oil worked. I undid the other 3 bolts with no dramas.
Amazing amount of crud built up just behind the wheel arches:
IMG_9768_small.jpg

I cleaned it all out.

Reactions: Manic172

Chaki

Nov 10, 2019
Hi guys,

I didnt want to start a new thread just to ask this but...

...i plan putting on my summer set of wheels which i bought and im confused will it all fit, what should i expect :/

I have spacers 20mm on all wheels ofc, car js on H&R red springs and the wheels will be (havent tried them yet, waiting for the tyres) 17x8 et35 with 225-45 rubber.

So, 17x8 225-45 offset 35 with 20mm spacers...? Will it rub? Ita basically a ET15 17x8

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Hi guys,

I didnt want to start a new thread just to ask this but...

...i plan putting on my summer set of wheels which i bought and im confused will it all fit, what should i expect :/

I have spacers 20mm on all wheels ofc, car js on H&R red springs and the wheels will be (havent tried them yet, waiting for the tyres) 17x8 et35 with 225-45 rubber.

So, 17x8 225-45 offset 35 with 20mm spacers...? Will it rub? Ita basically a ET15 17x8

Hey mate, try this https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.