Seat Sport suspension kit - Bilstein B12 suspension kit

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Anyone interested in a potential group buy for brand new full Seat Sport suspension that was originally sold through Seat main dealers as an upgrade on the Seat Leon Mk1 Cupra R.

The kit is compised of 4x Eibach lowering springs(15mm lower) and 4x Bilstein B8 shock absorbers. It is made Bilstein and is the equivalent of a B12 kit.

I've just purchased a kit as whilst wanting a B12 kit I stumpled across this as I didnt fancy spending £750 on a set nor did I want to spend £380 on a rusty 2nd hand kit. I'm a private buyer but thought as this seemed like a steal I'd see if the company could do a group buy for any one interested. FYI the sellers have 30k sales on ebay so have a good reputation

a54c7738cb080d8f986d470f84c1fd21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Have you already purchased? Is it the pro (black) or sport springs? I’ve been very tempted to get the bilstein kit. As I understand the pro black springs give a very small drop on the LCR which is all I want.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Have you already purchased? Is it the pro (black) or sport springs? I’ve been very tempted to get the bilstein kit. As I understand the pro black springs give a very small drop on the LCR which is all I want.
Yes it's in the post. Red springs but they are seat sport colours, possibly not the eibach colours if that makes sense. They arent a major drop 10 to 15mm. I'm sure if you werent happy you could buy a eibach set and still be better off than purchasing a B12 kit

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Eibach shop do the kits for £686.
pro kit (black springs) - https://www.eibachshop.co.uk/_p31224910.htm
sportline kit (red springs) - https://www.eibachshop.co.uk/_p31224380.htm
I'm so utterly confused about whether the pro and sportline springs are any different other than colour?!?
Could you PM me the link to the ebay seller? Also I'd be interested to see what your ride height (distance from top of arch to top of alloy) is once they're fitted.

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Can go direct to TDC automotive if there isn't enough interest for a group buy

BDM_Mark

Apr 18, 2020
From what I understand the red springs are 10mm lower in ride height than the black springs, both have the same rates so the only difference between them is aesthetic

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Back in May I decided to order a B12 kit with Eibach pro springs. A couple of weeks ago the order was still not fulfilled due to a Bilstein backlog (COVID-19 blah blah...). So I cancelled my order and gave TDC call. I ordered this "SEAT Sport Bilstein" kit and it turned up this week. They confirmed to me that the springs are the "pro" springs but are red, in contrast to the typical eibach pro/sport spring colour schemes. The shocks have VAG part numbers and SEAT Sport logos stamped into them.
I had it all fitted yesterday and measured the ride height before/after. Ironically, going from stock suspension, my car now sits 10-15mm higher!! Cupra R offroader!! Ha Ha!!! I can cope with that - I'd always found my car a tad low for standard suspension and the thought of going lower just filled me with dread. Maybe things will settle a bit over time.
In terms of ride, the difference is very subtle compared to the stock setup. I had a bit of a blast in it tonight and the car feels more confident with less of the lurch towards the front outside tyre round bends that plagued my car before. Overall I'm happy.
I believe TDC have bough up a whole load of these kits and at £450 I think its a good buy considering the standard B12 kit is around £700.

elviscat

Jun 11, 2007
Bristol, UK
Hi Stu, has it settled much? I was thinking something along the same lines. My standard LCR fronts have become horribly bouncy, and the front is pretty low, 130000 miles though so I think they're done. However I'm not sure i want to go back up too much and on the lookout for something similar.
I take it from what you said above the other springs would be lower then you think or?

g60stu

Feb 9, 2003
Reading
Honestly, I don't think much has changed in terms of height. But I've barely done 600miles in it this year due to working from home.
Here is a photo of it as of a couple of weeks ago. It basically looks OEM. That suits me. If you're after a reasonably priced fresh suspension setup and you're not too bothered about that lowered stance for those Instagram shots then its a good kit to buy. I'm still not entirely clear whether these shocks are B8 or B12. The B12 shocks seem so much more expensive.
If you want the drop then you probably need to go for the sport springs or something else.
I really enjoy the handling of my LCR now, but wonder if it really could do with a rear anti roll bar too. The Leon lacks a steering sharpness that our family Octavia vRS (mk2) has but I guess that's car progression for you (better rear suspension and a rear ARB from the factory).
IMG_1269.JPG

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.