black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Thanks for this...

So the end caps are just bonded on with double sided tape? And perhaps some clips in the centre section?

Sorry to be a pain; what does the inside of the cap look like?

k290b

Apr 15, 2019
Could you give me the part numbers for these please?

Do they fit pre facelift 5 door cupra?

Thanks

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Thanks for this...

So the end caps are just bonded on with double sided tape? And perhaps some clips in the centre section?

Sorry to be a pain; what does the inside of the cap look like?
Looks to me like its a drill the sill and screw on job

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Looks to me like its a drill the sill and screw on job

Sorry not been on for a while - yes the main blades are bonded/screwed to the car. It was the end caps that I was referring to. They are held on with plastic clips and double-sided automotive tape.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Hey do you have any tutorial video how to mount this blades?
easy as come with instruction.i did drill just front and back one-one screws and glued too.one glue more than enough.i bought original vw from old ebay stock.make life easy mark where you want fit as instruction advise show how many cm from wheel arch.

Norbert

Oct 16, 2018
Sorry not been on for a while - yes the main blades are bonded/screwed to the car. It was the end caps that I was referring to. They are held on with plastic clips and double-sided automotive tape.
Better not to loose as dont sale separate just with blade...full stupid so i glued a bit.

gpodda

Apr 18, 2020
Poland
easy as come with instruction.i did drill just front and back one-one screws and glued too.one glue more than enough.i bought original vw from old ebay stock.make life easy mark where you want fit as instruction advise show how many cm from wheel arch.

I guess that screws comes with aero kit?

Can you upload this instruction somewhere?

h-a-r-r-y

Feb 12, 2019
Sweden
OK guys, so here it is...

I have a question. How did the ordering process go? Did you call up your local dealership and say "hey, I see these side skirts.... take my money"?

ALSO, how are you going to paint-match them? I am really considering the other OEM type, but I really want to avoid manual labour (lack of time on my own part, and motivation)

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Where these easy to fit
I had them fitted to my car last week. Whilst I didnt fit them myself, the guy that did fit them said the process of fitting them was simple, in the sense that you just use a bonding adhesive kit and stick themt o the car. The difficulty is getting them in the right place since there are no markings on the car, or on the blades.

The guy I used is very good at what he does, and even he managed to get one blade out of place by about 2 or 3 mm. You don't notice it unless you actually go and compare each side quite closely.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I've ordered a set yesterday, be with me Thursday, fingers crossed
Nice. In case it hasn't been mentioned to you already, the parts only come primed and will require painting. My car is Desire Red which is a three coat system. It was about £100 for the paint and adhesive kits to finish the job.

Geraint Thomas

Jun 24, 2019
Luckily my car is emotion red. I sprayed the spoiler myself, came out great, perfect match and cost about £20 Inc lacquer so again I'll do these myself