P0299 fault

Apr 9, 2020
Hello there, I hope lockdown isn't driving everyone mental and we are all staying safe. My wife's Leon Fr 184 has came up fault code P0299. There was a hesitation then the coil light blinking and limp mode. Reset after ignition off but comes back on. Had a little problem last year and the fault was fuel rail and a friend of mine said it could've been the fuel filte . Ran some millers through it and we have had trouble free motoring for several month . Questions I'm needing answered are is this possibly a red herring? As a different fault came up a second time when the fuel rail code came up and if it is indeed P0299 is my turbo failing? Any insight is welcome. TIA

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
Hello there, I hope lockdown isn't driving everyone mental and we are all staying safe. My wife's Leon Fr 184 has came up fault code P0299. There was a hesitation then the coil light blinking and limp mode. Reset after ignition off but comes back on. Had a little problem last year and the fault was fuel rail and a friend of mine said it could've been the fuel filte . Ran some millers through it and we have had trouble free motoring for several month . Questions I'm needing answered are is this possibly a red herring? As a different fault came up a second time when the fuel rail code came up and if it is indeed P0299 is my turbo failing? Any insight is welcome. TIA
How many miles are on the car and has the fuel filter ever been changed? Had this sort of problem on my partners ford c-max and it was the fuel filter that needed changing especially as supermarket fuel had been used a lot. We had only had the car 3yrs so worth trying as it's cheaper than turbo replacement

Apr 9, 2020
How many miles are on the car and has the fuel filter ever been changed? Had this sort of problem on my partners ford c-max and it was the fuel filter that needed changing especially as supermarket fuel had been used a lot. We had only had the car 3yrs so worth trying as it's cheaper than turbo replacement

Hello. Aye well apparently it was changed at it's last service. It's done just over 70k. My mate said to change the fuel filter. It came up two different codes driving to work the day after so I'm guessing whatever has triggered the first fault has triggered a couple of others. Hopefully can get to the bottom it before getting in too deep with mechanics.

jt20vt

Sep 17, 2010
Hello. Aye well apparently it was changed at it's last service. It's done just over 70k. My mate said to change the fuel filter. It came up two different codes driving to work the day after so I'm guessing whatever has triggered the first fault has triggered a couple of others. Hopefully can get to the bottom it before getting in too deep with mechanics.
Might be worth
Doing a quick search of p0299 fault shows that others have had a problem with the diverter valve which apparently is common.