MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Which Leon Cupra version do you own?

• Total voters

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
That's good news if your car is built. Doesn't help if it isn't built though as the factory is still shut. New Leon available to order from 5th May so may not restart old Leon production.
New Leon order from May 5th.... but I'll bet you can't order a Cupra until much later in the year....

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
New Leon order from May 5th.... but I'll bet you can't order a Cupra until much later in the year....
Most likely not, but they'll stop the MK3 Cupra when they stop the MK3 Leon. Doubt they'll build a MK3 chassis just for the Cupra.
You can no longer buy the Mk7.5 golf or MK3.5 Octavia from their respective factories. The Leon can't be far off.

Reactions: Tivver500

Betts-4

Jul 11, 2019
Is it just me who really doesn't mind having a bit of extra noise? Yeah sure it's not 'real', but does it matter? Or perhaps this is just due to my other car being a straight 6 with a modded exhaust, even in Cupra mode the Leon sounds quiet to what I'm used to...
I just wanted to hear what my exhaust was doing or whether it’s the fake sound

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
Go in an underground carpark when you get chance and role your window down. It's not as quiet as people make out!
Yeah I agree.

My wife took the Cupa to do the food shop the other week and when she returned home I was listening through an open window, it sounded quite load to me, I was fairly suprised.

But then I heard an 2017 Cupra 300 go past my house :roflmao:

Reactions: Kirky

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
Here it is. I had only got abut 900 miles on it when I did this so was using about half-two thirds throttle and made sure to get the car rolling before putting any reall power down. That said, you get the idea of what it sounds like stock even though the phone microphone is useless.

My brother was filming, he is the one that drives the M140i with a modded exhaust and I quote "that is so F***king loud, WTF!" Also it makes a right racket when I start it up in the garage in the morning. #

Reactions: Rowan83 and Kirky

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
It is pretty quiet, my brother was referring to the DSG farts. I’ve been waiting to hit 2k mild before I consider a res delete.
Nice to see you've actually been able to drive yours...... Mine has just rolled over the magic 1000 mile mark today (after being delivered on March 5th!!). And that's with a 300 mile round trip to Gatwick just after delivery.
Well chuffed with performance but it IS nice and quiet (certainly when compared to my de-catted TVR!!!) so is an excellent 'stealth machine'.....

Reactions: The Daily Meme

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Here it is. I had only got abut 900 miles on it when I did this so was using about half-two thirds throttle and made sure to get the car rolling before putting any reall power down. That said, you get the idea of what it sounds like stock even though the phone microphone is useless.

My brother was filming, he is the one that drives the M140i with a modded exhaust and I quote "that is so F***king loud, WTF!" Also it makes a right racket when I start it up in the garage in the morning. #

Yep, that's loud enough for me. I'm keeping mine stock as I like how it sounds. Most people mod the exhaust cheaply which I'm not a fan of.

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
I wouldn't want mine to sound any louder than that TBH. Don't want to pi$$ the neighbours off as the houses on this estate are literally on top of each other. Lol.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.