Standing start

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
Yeah the Type R will completely spank the Leon Cupra round any circuit / bend with ease.

I do love a Honda would give my left leg for an FK8 Type R
By spank you mean a few seconds faster around the nurburgring over a near 8 minute lap despite a power and slight weight advantage?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zer0

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
By spank you mean a few seconds faster around the nurburgring over a near 8 minute lap despite a power and slight weight advantage?
I’m a honda man what can i say.

how much does the type R win by?
(Just checked 15 seconds)

that is quite a lot :drive2:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I'm guessing we're referring to this...

Honda Civic Type R - 7:43.8

SEAT Leon Cupra - 7:58

That's not just edging it in racing...

Is the kerb weight the same as advertised when doing these tests???

Off the line though these cars are very similar.

It's the inconsistency of the fwd off the line like someone previously mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
One of the things that puts me off buying a Cupra, knowing the propensity many owners have for doing stuff like this. The stress hard starts put on your drivetrain are enormous. Somewhere down the line this fun and games is costing somebody money.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008

It's the inconsistency of the fwd off the line like someone previously mentioned.

Elongate the times over a period of say an F1 race and you have the difference between a Mercedes and a Williams

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019

No there are faster times for Cupra, privateers with videoed times under 7.50. The 7.58 is from years ago in a 280 6 speed. Seat just never retested it.
Regardless, the Civic is so well thought of because it has a great ride and gearbox rather than ultimate speed, the Megane is faster and the cupra doesn't look like someone on LSD designed it.

Ill report back when ive had a play, I may be able to test launching at work since there is a nice straight road on my work site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I would never trust manufacturers times around the ring, I bet they will make some adjustments (tune, tyres, weight) to improve their times of so called stock cars. Anyway both cars (and Megane) are obviously great around a track. :)

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
Years ago when I had Primeras there was vid on YouTube of a Japanese guy with a modified Primera eGT. Looked totally stock and was still just front wheel drive but he was blowing away Imrpezas and Evos at a drag strip. Car could shift.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I would never trust manufacturers times around the ring, I bet they will make some adjustments (tune, tyres, weight) to improve their times of so called stock cars. Anyway both cars (and Megane) are obviously great around a track. :)
They certainly do, even top gear did.

They're not the stock cars we buy/lease.

Saying that some of those privateers will be in the same boat too.

Reactions: Zer0
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.