Seat Leon DSG shifting problem?

Apr 30, 2020
Good afternoon, people

I have a Seat Leon 2018 DSG 1.5 150hp, 17000 mileage. I noticed one thing, while accelerating and changing gears 50% of time RPM goes up about 300-400 rmp immediately before shifting. For example, shifting supposed to be at 2000rpm, but before shift RPM goes up to 2300 very quickly. Any ideas what is this? Maybe DSG reset could help? Or maybe it is normal? I hope you can understand what i mean.
smile.gif

Looking forward to hear.

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Are you saying if you go to manual shift you press the upshift the car accelerates on its own before it shifts up?

Apr 30, 2020
Are you saying if you go to manual shift you press the upshift the car accelerates on its own before it shifts up?
No, im talking about automatic shifting. Car does not accelerates.. It's just rise RPM before up shifting.(Instead of shifting at 2k for example, it rises very quickly about 300 or 400 rpm and then shifts. It is happening at random gears. I got some info, that it may happening because of combination of wear of the 2 clutchplates and too low hydraulic plate pressure.

cupra14

Aug 31, 2017
England
If the car is to keep going at a given speed (rather than kangaroo) and change gear, engine revs must change in line with the gearing.

True for automatic or manual gearboxes, unless I'm missing something...

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
No, im talking about automatic shifting. Car does not accelerates.. It's just rise RPM before up shifting.(Instead of shifting at 2k for example, it rises very quickly about 300 or 400 rpm and then shifts. It is happening at random gears. I got some info, that it may happening because of combination of wear of the 2 clutchplates and too low hydraulic plate pressure.

So you are driving normally in auto, constant speed. Then the revs randomly shoot up slightly as it changes gear?

If this is what you mean that doesn't sound right, I'm not sure what it is though. Probably something to do with the gearbox itself like you say though.

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
If the car is to keep going at a given speed (rather than kangaroo) and change gear, engine revs must change in line with the gearing.

True for automatic or manual gearboxes, unless I'm missing something...
Unless the clutch is slipping.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.