Darker Rear Lights

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
Hi,

I've noticed someone with darker rear lights which looks nice. Is it easy to get hold of these as a set? I've looked on eBay and can only find the odd standard one.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Probably tinted, it's illegal, at least here in Sweden.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The owner of the car with darker rear lights you saw may have had original lights either vinyl wrapped with a tinted vinyl or painted them with a spray tint.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Usually people use Fly Eye or just a standard tint to make their lights darker, although I'm not sure why you'd want to reduce the functionality of a safety feature. Also as stated above, illegal in a few countries. In the UK it's legal and based on the amount of light emitted.

Tivver500

Nov 23, 2019
Usually people use Fly Eye or just a standard tint to make their lights darker, although I'm not sure why you'd want to reduce the functionality of a safety feature. Also as stated above, illegal in a few countries. In the UK it's legal and based on the amount of light emitted.
I wouldn't want to argue the legality of that with a traffic cop at 2am....... I would be very surprised if it were legal. Very probably an infringement of Construction & Use regulations and also probably an MOT failure.
Stupid (in my opinion) to do!!

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
Plasti dip is the best and easiest option to have darker rear lights.

You can do a couple of layers at a time and see the level of darkness you would like, add more if needed.

It can look quite nice as long as it's not too dark and doesn't affect safety. Not sure about the legality of it all though but I'm assuming most countries will not like to see it on a car and you might get pulled over a lot.

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
They didn't look that dark to be honest. Just a dark-ish tint. With the brightness of bulbs these days and the top brake light wouldn't have thought they are a danger tbh

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Fly eye in the uk is 100% mot legal and won’t get stopped by the friendly police man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
Fly eye in the uk is 100% mot legal and won’t get stopped by the friendly police man

Cheers, just ordered some from eBay for the back. Only a few quid so no harm if its rubbish. Might get some mesh ones for the front too. I'll see how much fun I have putting them on the back.

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
Cheers, just ordered some from eBay for the back. Only a few quid so no harm if its rubbish. Might get some mesh ones for the front too. I'll see how much fun I have putting them on the back.

It leaves a horrible glue residue if you take it off. I prefer the tint frames or a very light tint a window company would do. Let us know how u get on bud

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
It leaves a horrible glue residue if you take it off. I prefer the tint frames or a very light tint a window company would do. Let us know how u get on bud

Will do. Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
I've ordered the same last week. (hasn't arrived yet) Not sure how it will look but for £10 i don't mind if i end up removing it.

The rear lights look like they might be tricky though because of the shape of them.

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
I've ordered the same last week. (hasn't arrived yet) Not sure how it will look but for £10 i don't mind if i end up removing it.

The rear lights look like they might be tricky though because of the shape of them.
Yea, that's what I'm thinking too now. Will see how bendy it looks once I have it and make a judgement on whether to do it. I'll keep you posted. I'm still not getting my car delivered until the lockdown is over so may not be for a while.

I've bought some stickers to black out the Seat logos too so hoping it'll look nice together.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Reactions: OJ9693

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
They say it should be easily manipulated with a bit of heat with a heat-gun or hairdryer, like you said we will see.

I have black decals for the badges and lettering too, i like how it still has the chrome outline rather than the all black stealth look.

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
They say it should be easily manipulated with a bit of heat with a heat-gun or hairdryer, like you said we will see.

I have black decals for the badges and lettering too, i like how it still has the chrome outline rather than the all black stealth look.

I wasn't sure how the black lettering would look tbh, Im glad it looks ok though (don't suppose you've got a pic :)). I cant have it on the letters just the badges. Only realized after I'd bought it it's been de-badged (just the LEON).

Alorjosh

Apr 23, 2019
East Anglia
I have de badge mine but only because I love the colour of my car and I have the st so it helps the look in my view. Plus I got kill all wipers too
ee0cfc9c290e9bee8bb930ae88d01c33.jpg

OJ9693

Mk3 Leon FR 150
Sep 2, 2019
I wasn't sure how the black lettering would look tbh, Im glad it looks ok though (don't suppose you've got a pic :)). I cant have it on the letters just the badges. Only realized after I'd bought it it's been de-badged (just the LEON).
I’ll try to remember to take a couple when I leave work in a few hours Cars filthy though so ignore the dirt

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise