Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
So many choices for tuning boxes I thought I’d start a poll to help inform me. I’ve a Cupra 300 ST with 1yr of warranty left so like the idea of a tuning box over remap. Racechip box has a warranty to cover the engine, which appears to be the only make that does but carries a premium for doing so. Most claim around 360bhp

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
You can't get ABT in the UK at the moment, and for the price is pointless when you've only got 1 year warranty anyway.

JB4 is most likely your best choice, however I know Racingline have recently released a tuning box which includes their free upgrades. So you can swap it for a proper Stage 1 map free of charge when you want to (eg warranty is up) then Stage 2 or more if you go that route.

Reactions: Zer0

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
You can't get ABT in the UK at the moment, and for the price is pointless when you've only got 1 year warranty anyway.

JB4 is most likely your best choice, however I know Racingline have recently released a tuning box which includes their free upgrades. So you can swap it for a proper Stage 1 map free of charge when you want to (eg warranty is up) then Stage 2 or more if you go that route.
Though about the raceline mainly due to their warranty on the engine but it’s about £150 more than other options

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Though about the raceline mainly due to their warranty on the engine but it’s about £150 more than other options
Racingline, yeah, its the same price as their Stage 1 map, but the advantage of upgrading for free if you want it. However hey only claim a modest upgrade.

However further down the line if you wanted to to go Stage 2 with an intercooler and down pipe, you wouldn't need to pay again for a map.

Reactions: fluffy01016

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
Racingline, yeah, its the same price as their Stage 1 map, but the advantage of upgrading for free if you want it. However hey only claim a modest upgrade.

However further down the line if you wanted to to go Stage 2 with an intercooler and down pipe, you wouldn't need to pay again for a map.
Thanks @Damo H . Might got hat route then but they have 3x boxes to go for, so another choice there

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln

confusing myself now as it’s racechip that does the Engine warranty not racingline.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Is the JB4 just plug and play like the DTUK box? Only tuning box I’ve had in the past was a DTUK on my Range Rover and one on my Skoda Superb.

It is. One of the plugs (on the chargepipe) is a bit difficult to reach on a Cupra but other than that very easy install.

Reactions: fluffy01016

Steve T71

Jan 14, 2020
So many choices for tuning boxes I thought I’d start a poll to help inform me. I’ve a Cupra 300 ST with 1yr of warranty left so like the idea of a tuning box over remap. Racechip box has a warranty to cover the engine, which appears to be the only make that does but carries a premium for doing so. Most claim around 360bhp

FOLLOWING
Guys n Gals if anyone has got any of these Units installed could you Please share your experience knowledge, dyno charts etc, could be a V interesting thread warranty wise...Thank you in advance

motty225

Polestar 2
Sep 11, 2008
Ashby De-La Zouch
FOLLOWING
Guys n Gals if anyone has got any of these Units installed could you Please share your experience knowledge, dyno charts etc, could be a V interesting thread warranty wise...Thank you in advance
I run a dtuk on my b9 s4, really happy with it and zero issues from it, cars been in for a service and a boost sensor replaced under warranty, and nothing flagged up both times

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
I’m still undecided. Had 2x DTUK boxes before and like the idea of something that can be removed. Also like the idea of the Revo. Would prefer to keep the warranty intact but there’s no option for this, only the engine warranty that racechip provide.

Reactions: Steve T71

Steve T71

Jan 14, 2020
I run a dtuk on my b9 s4, really happy with it and zero issues from it, cars been in for a service and a boost sensor replaced under warranty, and nothing flagged up both times

Hi Motty225,

That's great news and good to hear thank you for the info and product feedback

Steve T71

Jan 14, 2020
I’m still undecided. Had 2x DTUK boxes before and like the idea of something that can be removed. Also like the idea of the Revo. Would prefer to keep the warranty intact but there’s no option for this, only the engine warranty that racechip provide.

Hi Fluffy01016,
Nice Nickname btw .
So sounds like We maybe in the same boat, as it were. So I got a Cupra ST R top spec fully loaded, Love the REVO brand and Product, Have a Mate who's a REVO dealer too, VAS MOTION in Guildford Surrey, Shameless plug I know... However, over 2.5yrs Warranty left and unfortunately REVO is NOT an option to keep FULL warranty intact, So, Racechip GTS Black, JB4 etc are Poss options dont want go mad, start stripping car etc or tweak every night until Christmas. Like the thought of various settings etc, defo bluetooth or automated within in Car mode settings etc...
Looking forward to peoples views, opinions and especially Experiences and Use of products...
Come on Guys and Gals dig deep share the Love and info...
P.S have watched some quite interesting and informative youtube videos

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Had a Racechip on my 1.5 TSI, not the same engine but seemed very well made with OEM connectors with very good installation instructions, would buy again, even thought they are based in Germany they do speak good English if you need to phone them.

Steve T71

Jan 14, 2020
Had a Racechip on my 1.5 TSI, not the same engine but seemed very well made with OEM connectors with very good installation instructions, would buy again, even thought they are based in Germany they do speak good English if you need to phone them.

@BigJase88
Hi,
Many thanks for the info and advice

Reactions: BigJase88
Apr 19, 2020
Yeah, I'm in the same boat, too.
The best choice to keep warranty intact is a tuning box, but I prefer Revo, APR, VWR...

I have over 1.5 years warranty left... I´ll wait over six months more and if it goes right I´ll tune the car with Revo. Let´s see if I can wait...

Steve T71

Jan 14, 2020
Good morning Boys n Gals,

Could We Please expand this Poll to include, Not only Ownership of these devices but also, Experiences, Who's got what, Which one, thoughts, ease of fitment, tuning, Results, Dyson's before and after etc?
Would be really useful for those who are interested and cant go Stage 1, 2 or 3 ECU tune.
Many Thanks,
Have a good day and I Look forward to reading New info over this BH :)

fluffy01016

1.21 Gigawatt !!
Feb 20, 2005
Lincoln
Good morning Boys n Gals,

Could We Please expand this Poll to include, Not only Ownership of these devices but also, Experiences, Who's got what, Which one, thoughts, ease of fitment, tuning, Results, Dyson's before and after etc?
Would be really useful for those who are interested and cant go Stage 1, 2 or 3 ECU tune.
Many Thanks,
Have a good day and I Look forward to reading New info over this BH :)
I think there’s another thread that has this info. I think it was from a couple of weeks ago

Reactions: Steve T71