Door locking issue.. STILL

Feb 21, 2020
so in my previous posts i had said about my drivers rear lock was not locking or unlocking.. so now i have replaced the door lock module and i have replaced the wiper motor and the drivers rear door wont do anything and i have to manually lock it with the little central locking stalk.. so now im left scratching my head wondering what it could be? possibly wiring or the CCM or even a fuse? any ideas?

Feb 21, 2020
something also to add, i plugged in a 2002 window motor before this happened and all the window button lights flashed and hasnt worked since then as i replaced the inner door skin off a cupra 2002 and just plugged it straight up

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Can't think it would be a fuse because as far as I know it would be all four doors.
Possibly the wrong window motor, were the part numbers the same? I know with the fronts there are may different motors depending on the what equipment came fitted from the factory, and fitting the wrong one can cause the door locks not to work. It could be the same with the rear too.

If the motor is the same part number then the wiring would be my next thing to check, it can often fray inside the rubber 'bellows' where it passes through the door.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Have you checked for any codes on that door you may need to clear them when my n/s front door stop working and o/s rear I had a couple off fault codes may be nothing but worth a check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mty12345

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
As yellow FR says, scanning with the full version of VCDS would probably be the best option as that will show you fault codes and the status of the locks.

I'm not sure of the wiring colours tbh mate, i'd just be looking for broken wires within the bellows, and also checking the connector where it plugs into the lock for corrosion and oxidisation.
Personally I have one of these power probes. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Car-...964474&hash=item56b543eccb:g:jMkAAOSwlf5ciA1F
You connect it to both the + & - at the battery, and then you can touch any wire in a connector and it will tell you if you have power, ground or nothing. Helps a lot with this kind of thing where you have no wiring diagram.

Feb 21, 2020
So six wires, brown-white is 12v,brown-red is 12v,brown-blue is 12v , brown I get no voltage, blue is no voltage, and violet is no voltage, pressing the door lock switch on drivers door has no effect on these voltages and they are all constant?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
So six wires, brown-white is 12v,brown-red is 12v,brown-blue is 12v , brown I get no voltage, blue is no voltage, and violet is no voltage, pressing the door lock switch on drivers door has no effect on these voltages and they are all constant?
I don't know on that one mate, only thing i can suggest is to check the opposite door and see what is on that one.

Feb 21, 2020
FIXED THE ABSOLUTE PIECE OF SH*T so scratching my head thinking what it was after checking CCM,drivers lock module and rear drivers door, checked fuses and wires in-between, still getting voltage I decided to eyeball trace all the wire and boom! Right under the drivers door strip in part of the loom there was as picture shows that bit of wire, so I cut it back to good wire and then added connectors and it works perfectly now! What a pricey fix for a cheap repair! But glad it's done now
fypc6ad

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
FIXED THE ABSOLUTE PIECE OF SH*T so scratching my head thinking what it was after checking CCM,drivers lock module and rear drivers door, checked fuses and wires in-between, still getting voltage I decided to eyeball trace all the wire and boom! Right under the drivers door strip in part of the loom there was as picture shows that bit of wire, so I cut it back to good wire and then added connectors and it works perfectly now! What a pricey fix for a cheap repair! But glad it's done now
fypc6ad

Hey mate would you mind re-upping the picture? Id like to check my loom where you found the issue. Glad you got it sorted!

Feb 21, 2020
hi mate the picture i took only showed the broken wire i removed, what is wrong with yours? the same door? mine was the drivers rear?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
hi mate the picture i took only showed the broken wire i removed, what is wrong with yours? the same door? mine was the drivers rear?

My central locking is buggered, had it checked on VCDS but showed no codes and was told its a broken wire somewhere. I have a thread on it on here, it only locks drivers door when i physically use the key, and no doors with the fob (except the boot).

Feb 21, 2020
remove drivers inner skirting and under like a metal shield will be a loom of wires, the colour i had an issue with was a red with yellow trace, they they go alot as water gets pulled in by the driver when its wet, also little tip gently wiggle the wires separately, like your snapping a toothpick as sometimes the wires look externally in better condition then what they actually are!

Reactions: Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
remove drivers inner skirting and under like a metal shield will be a loom of wires, the colour i had an issue with was a red with yellow trace, they they go alot as water gets pulled in by the driver when its wet, also little tip gently wiggle the wires separately, like your snapping a toothpick as sometimes the wires look externally in better condition then what they actually are!

Nice one, thanks mate. Will check it out!

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex

Just took all the plastic off and checked the loom by the drivers side skirting. Everything looked fine, no rubbed cables, nothing brittle etc.

Feb 21, 2020
possibly try replacing the drivers window motor as this is the control module for all doors, or replace the ccm, i would be going in that sort of direction, to maybe check the door locks are working okay, go into vcds and look up the values of the door locks and manually lock them and unlock them to see if it says they are locking, this is a good indication the ccm is still alive

Reactions: mty12345
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.