Seat Leon Cupra R Front Splitter on standard bumper

heatfan8

Insert witty comment here
Dec 2, 2008
Berkshire
there are 2 'stubs' that stick out of the splitter itself that would be use to attach it to the Cupra R, but they aren't needed on the facelift cupra or pre facelift bumpers so they get trimmed back in order to fit.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
The most difficult bit is lining it up centre. I measured to the middle of mine and put a masking tape strip, then measured into middle or bumper, aligned the two strips and taped the splitter to bumper then screwed it on with 4 screws. I think 4. Might have being 6.

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
The most difficult bit is lining it up centre. I measured to the middle of mine and put a masking tape strip, then measured into middle or bumper, aligned the two strips and taped the splitter to bumper then screwed it on with 4 screws. I think 4. Might have being 6.

The more screws the better imo - I've put as screw through each "tab" (you'll see what I mean when you look at it!) Had one on before held by only 6 screws and I lost it in a big puddle (ok so it was maybe a foot deep and 50m long!) This one's been scraped a couple of times plus doing a good snow ploughing job and it's still solid!

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I thought it might be a bit different to not cut down the centre supports and put the holes in the bumper for splitter to fix into like the Cupra R

I quite like how it sits down a bit

80868582.jpg

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
lol thats a dropped kerb :D

I quite like how some people bend the ends out so it follows the curve of the bumper, might have to do that soon.

Seeing yours I might cut the slats down so it fits flush......might try it when I get a new splitter.

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Sorry, but I'm a bit stumped. Got a LC and LCR splitter. Where exactly is this thing supposed to fit on the LC bumper,?

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Wow an email notification from a thread of a car I owned years ago I had an LC before my LCR before my Xtrail before my Mondeo and I fit an LCR splitter to it.

You'll see that the splitter has bits on the top that will push into holes on the LCR bumper. The LC bumper doesn't have these.

You'll need to file them down so that they are the correct height and then use self tapering screws through the bottom of the splitter into the bottom of the bumper.

I did it with a normal screw driver but these more modern times you can probably use power tools.

Let me know how you get in on. I still miss my Leon's, hold on to yours.

Reactions: Connor H

Cuppyjoe

Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for the response! Ok I understand the middle bit, just line it up, centre it and drill it in. What about the rest of the splitter? Where do all those tabs go into?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.