Votes: 6 26.1%
  • ABT

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Does this list have a longer version including slower times inc different tunes etc...I dont need to be a Drag Queen just a bit more linear oomph...? :)

It's a top list so I don't think so. :)

For reference I did a dragy gps 11.94 s run / 114 mph with my heavy 4Drive ST on not so grippy winter tyres, that's just JB4 map 6, some good fuel mix and intake. It is heavier than most cars on that list.

Anyway, I can highly recommend the JB4 unit, easy enough to fit yourself in 30 mins and map 2/3/4 will give you 360-370 hp and 360-370 ft lbs on most cars, plenty of oomph and smiles. If you want to push a bit more power you can also customize a map 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fer16v and br.adam

Fer16v

Feb 2, 2020
Spain
It's a top list so I don't think so. :)

For reference I did a dragy gps 11.94 s run / 114 mph with my heavy 4Drive ST on not so grippy winter tyres, that's just JB4 map 6, some good fuel mix and intake. It is heavier than most cars on that list.

Anyway, I can highly recommend the JB4 unit, easy enough to fit yourself in 30 mins and map 2/3/4 will give you 360-370 hp and 360-370 ft lbs on most cars, plenty of oomph and smiles. If you want to push a bit more power you can also customize a map 6.

Zero

Where did you buy the box? In its web? Do you have some link?

Regards!!!

Cuprabenwytm

Jun 17, 2020
Non of them, there all *****, watch darkside devoleopments videos on YouTube comparing and testing most of the above on Dino

sumogtr

Jul 24, 2018
Watford
My research end online chats seems to indicate that all but the JB4 will be very similar in performance - likely around 340-350bhp and 350lb/ft. This is pretty much on par with a JB1 which 1s a stand alone 1 map product or Map 1 of a JB4 (pretty much their base map). Not as much as a remap, but not far off and warranty friendly (so long as removed when car needs attention).

I understand that to use other JB4 maps you need to tap into some of the wiring - its also worth knowing that the bluetooth upgrade on the JB4 and the wiring kit adds around £250 to the £400 ish that the box costs.

I used to have a DTUK box on my Golf R which seemed to do the job, but due to some unethical business practices (in my personal opinion), I won't be buying from them again.

TDI Tuning based in Chelmsford looks a decent price and is using modern tech in the box - my personal research indicates they are getting code from a well known and reputable company ( in tuning box applications) based in Germany. They offer free install (subject to Covid so check) and have a 30 day no quibble money back offer. With the current 20% off discount code, all in inc bluetooth functionality for around £400 and the box can be reprogrammed to a different car in future for £60ish.

I have no connection with them, just noting what facts I have.

HTH

David

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.