Ibiza FR Steering wheel

AndyRBL

May 14, 2020
Hello,

I have purchased an Ibiza 2 and 1/2 years ago, the "Style" trim, round steering wheel. Now I want to change it to a FR steering wheel, without the gear shifting paddles, from the same model car / year. Does anyone know if they are compatible or if there is any reason they should not be?

Also, i'm using DSG, can I make the paddles work if I decide to go with the paddle version? My old one does not have them.

Below there is a picture. I have the steering wheel on the left and i want to install the one on the right.

https://ibb.co/1GZ8sC2

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
Does the fr steering wheel have shifting paddles? I'm not sure, but I think the paddles won't work, if your car doesn't have the paddles, the plug is the same, but some wires will be missing. If the order of the wires in the plug is the same the rest will work.

AndyRBL

May 14, 2020
there are some FR steering wheels that have paddles (the new ones I think). my concern was with the fitting of the steering wheel it self into the place and if I can use the airbag from my normal wheel for the FR one (if they fit. they appear to be the same)