New Member.

Good-Vibrations FR

May 12, 2020
welcome mate, only newish here myself, sweet car by you've the wheels, same colour as mine but fail to get that deep shine you have ,
Welcome pal, I’m quite into detailing so like to really look after the finish, the picture was after a maintenance wash and a top up of gloss detailer, but when you do a full detail including decon, polish and wax it really brings the shine back to life :)

Reactions: Jon Wright

Jon Wright

Apr 17, 2020
Welcome pal, I’m quite into detailing so like to really look after the finish, the picture was after a maintenance wash and a top up of gloss detailer, but when you do a full detail including decon, polish and wax it really brings the shine back to life :)
Cheers, yep like doing bit of detailing too, though too many products to be honest shed full of chemical guys etc, hoping to do full detail of mine this weekend

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Jon Wright

Apr 17, 2020
It has the Front grill wrapped in Black, Debadged the Leon Boot Badge,
(Discreet maxton rear valance going on on Monday).
Spielberg Alloys,
Rear Roof spoiler,
Front TRC splitter,
Front fog tints
Remapped to circa 230bhp
(Sorry bit of a list)
ad42b84d8f36300dd699a3063fde6733.plist

8c27d10926fabd2c2ce110d897eb8e3f.plist

1495132e15aa5acd1a57360677a455c3.plist
pure class by you mate

Reactions: Hag

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
What products you use to get it looking so wicked? Polished by hand or machine etc, appreciate any advice, thanks jon

Hi Jon, i just snowfoam it and blast off then snowfoam and wash off with a mitt then dry and spray on an easy detailer and wipe round. I do have Iron remover, degreaser and some alloy cleaner I got when my bro gets all of his detailing stuff. He did a light machine polish about a year ago and put a cquartz ceramic coating on it and it’s so much easier to keep the shine. Will need redoing soon but he’s a busy guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon Wright

Apr 17, 2020
Cool I snowfoamed mine clayed etc but still failing to get any decent beading at all Recommend anything was going to try the quartz stuff but unfortunately don't have a garage so have to do all my detailing outside appreciate any advice thanks

Hag

Sep 15, 2018
Cool I snowfoamed mine clayed etc but still failing to get any decent beading at all Recommend anything was going to try the quartz stuff but unfortunately don't have a garage so have to do all my detailing outside appreciate any advice thanks

Mines done outside too but best to check the weather forecast as you don’t want the coating to get wet within 24 hours to let it cure. The cquartz stuff gives you the beading. Machine polish helped with the shine as it does t matter how careful you are it can still get swirl marks etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good-Vibrations FR

May 12, 2020

Once you’ve clayed it and done a decontamination use a good quality fine cut polish to try rid the swirls and a good glaze. Hand wax it and should help protect it and get good beading from then on. Then every other week or so use a good gloss detailer or spray wax after washing to help keep it topped up :)

Jon Wright

Apr 17, 2020
Once you’ve clayed it and done a decontamination use a good quality fine cut polish to try rid the swirls and a good glaze. Hand wax it and should help protect it and get good beading from then on. Then every other week or so use a good gloss detailer or spray wax after washing to help keep it topped up :)
Thanks and recommendation on decontamination

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Jon Wright

Apr 17, 2020
Recommendation on decontamination? Though have few fallout sprays in shed, thanks lads for all the help

Good-Vibrations FR

May 12, 2020
Recommendation on decontamination? Though have few fallout sprays in shed, thanks lads for all the help

I’d personally thoroughly clean, then tar and glue removal, easy process, iron fallout removal after, again fairly easy process, if you’ve got heavy decon you can clay it but seeing the pictures of your car looks like the paint is in good condition :)

Jon Wright

Apr 17, 2020
Thanks so much for that I've never Decon paintwork any advice on product thanks again

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.