LCR track car build

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Hi all,

Bit of a random one, i have removed all the AC and heating matrix from the car and would like to take the AC pump off aswell.

However the AC pump is controlled by the alternator belt, does anyone know if you can get hold of an alternator belt that is shorter for the LCR so to bypass the the need for the AC pump?

Hope that makes sense haha

As always thanks in advance :):)

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
What you can do is run a bit of string around the lay out now with it under tension but miss out the a.c. pulley. Then just measure it. Most proper car spare shops will be able to sort out a belt that will work

Reactions: Bigford11

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
I want to change the timing belt on the LCR just for piece of mind really, i want to try and get a higher quality one or ever a race one (dont even know if these exist to be honest)

Just something abit more heavy duty if that makes sense.

anyone got any ideas or know of a good place to look?

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
Think gates make a blue kevlar one . Heard they really good but then one or two people have said they are brittle and snap...... I personally recon they are good may be 1 or 2 bad roumers. Or just get a good quality aftermarket one.

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
As above i also highly recommend a baffled oil sump... I'll quote @Sparkie on this one.

"Baffled sump is a no brainier.
For the minimal outlay you save your engine from going bang.
Only need to starve oil for a second and Pop!
Hard braking or long corners with G force loading will push all the oil strait up the front or side of the block with out a baffle.
There is a guy on here who sells made up kits to weld in or ready welded versions in old sumps.
Names Oliver Beaumont.
Or find him on Facebook too.
I paid around £130-150"

View attachment 7133

Hi all,

Does anyone have this guys details or can put me in touch with him in anyway as id like to try and get a baffled sump from him.

I had a look on Facebook but there are quite a few oliver beaumonts haha

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Hi all,

Does anyone have this guys details or can put me in touch with him in anyway as id like to try and get a baffled sump from him.

Same here as I'm looking to do a few sprints in my LCR next season and forge ones have gone up about £90 in the last year

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing ok with the lockdowns across the country etc.

I'm planning a cam belt and water pump change on the LCR in preparation for next year's race days etc

Iv been looking at the gates racing belt but thought id ask around and see if anyone had any advise on high quality race belts for the LCR.

Thanks as always

Manic172

Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
As for lockdown. Its not effected me and work. Still on 15 hours a day 6 days a week lol.. and then to the workshop to play race cars lol.
Only different belt I have heard of is the gates one. Blue kevlar its really good but been told they can snap... but then you can hear some thing bad about any thing really tho can't you

Reactions: iammooks

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
That spec would make for a awesome track car. Work in progress you’ll start working on the car and see where you can improve it when you drive it on track that’s what I’ve done. I did my first track day after doing stage2 3 way adjustable coilovers and some Toyo r888 tyres then thought right I need to carry more speed in the corners so got front and rear anti roll bars then just basics of maintenance like decent oils in engine and box then I got a lsd etc. It’ll keep you busy mate but will be worth every bloody knuckle when your flat out on track in the car you know inside out.

Reactions: Manic172

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
No idea if I will ever truly be using it but good to know engine will have some protection as well as a good excuse to change the pickup and oil
6284fb59b983b53b6edf29b8641a594c.jpg

Bigford11

Jan 19, 2019
London
No idea if I will ever truly be using it but good to know engine will have some protection as well as a good excuse to change the pickup and oil
6284fb59b983b53b6edf29b8641a594c.jpg

Very nice!!!! Where did you get it from?

Link if you have one please :)

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi all,

Hi the guy was Olly Beaumont doing the sumps but I believe he has stopped for some reason. He might have one knocking about or still have a set of the inserts knocking about.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.