184 remap

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
It's so strange what both dealers and SEAT disregard as a known issue.

What's strange, they just don't want to pay out!

That's pretty normal. Try to fob you off and only the most persistent people get paid. Ford have replaced thousands of Ecoboost engines but only paid for about half of them under warranty, the other poor sods were left with a four-grand bill. I think there was a stink about it and they had to go back and pay them but don't quote me on that. When my son's iMac screen packed in it took four calls to Apple before they agreed to fix what was known to be a production fault. They initially tried to insist it was not a known fault, not one of the faulty batch etc, and if I hadn't been able to prove otherwise the bill would've been large.

Yeah, it's a game to them and they want you to loose.

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
What's strange, they just don't want to pay out!

That's pretty normal. Try to fob you off and only the most persistent people get paid. Ford have replaced thousands of Ecoboost engines but only paid for about half of them under warranty, the other poor sods were left with a four-grand bill. I think there was a stink about it and they had to go back and pay them but don't quote me on that. When my son's iMac screen packed in it took four calls to Apple before they agreed to fix what was known to be a production fault. They initially tried to insist it was not a known fault, not one of the faulty batch etc, and if I hadn't been able to prove otherwise the bill would've been large.

Yeah, it's a game to them and they want you to loose.

This is why I never but any extended warranty with anything.

Even the standard manufacturers warranty seems to be a joke to them so why pay for extended warranty which covers even less.

Pretty cheeky of such big companies to get out of so many warranty repairs, I should know I work for the warranty department in the motor trade lol

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
This is why I never but any extended warranty with anything.

Typically, I totally agree with you. Not so much because they'll try to wriggle out anyway but because overall, you lose money. Pretty obvious really as, well, insurance companies exist. If they didn't take in more money than they give out, they wouldn't!

So if you insure everything you own, overall it will cost you as most of them will not go wrong.

Reactions: Sword

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
What model DTUK box have you got? They have 3 power modes (Sports, Dynamic & Efficiency), and then 7 fine adjustment settings for each power mode. -3, -2 -1, 0, +1, +2, +3. They recommend starting off at P1 and the fine adjustment in the middle 0. Then try P2, and then P3. When you've found which power mode you like, you can then fine adjust the power to +1, then try +2, etc.

Which insurance company are you with? How did you describe the tuning box to them? When I spoke to my previous insurance company, Aviva, they hadn't got a clue what a DTUK tuning box was. In the end they said I wouldn't be insured if I fitted it....
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
What model DTUK box have you got? They have 3 power modes (Sports, Dynamic & Efficiency), and then 7 fine adjustment settings for each power mode. -3, -2 -1, 0, +1, +2, +3. They recommend starting off at P1 and the fine adjustment in the middle 0. Then try P2, and then P3. When you've found which power mode you like, you can then fine adjust the power to +1, then try +2, etc.

Which insurance company are you with? How did you describe the tuning box to them? When I spoke to my previous insurance company, Aviva, they hadn't got a clue what a DTUK tuning box was. In the end they said I wouldn't be insured if I fitted it....

Steve - sorry for the delay - I didn't get any notification of your reply.

I'd have to check which box I have - to be honest I've no idea. The instructions just said options 1-7 so I'd better check! I know the previous owner had it turned right up, so assume it's in Sports mode +2 (setting no.6 on my chip). I get a good whack of power higher up the rev band if I want it but still getting a very nice 55 to 60mpg on some journeys when I drive it normally ( better mpg than pre-chip)

Regarding insurance, I use Sheila's Wheels (part of Esure). It is classed as a `tuning chip` or similar as a car modification. No need to specify type or anything else. Just added it over the phone when I renewed but as a new customer you can just go via their web-site. I used to be with Tesco but they seemed to have removed that option so I moved to SW's.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members