Lastest LCR Victim

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Oh, and decent alarm system on top of that should stop the thieving b*stards. And as my stereo is all custom built by me, they aint gonna be able to sell much as there is only 1 of them in the world!

Sorry to hear of it mate, its totally gutting. Everyone should get the delock done, as mentioned when it happened to neg. More people that do it now, less that will suffer in the future.

stokey

3.2 V6 Power is awesome!!
Jul 20, 2004
Cheshire
Very Sorry To Hear The News

As most people hear have stated I`m really sorry to hear what has happened Dale and I can only agree with what has been posted here on the thread.

I was told of this problem when I brought my R32 and had major problems getting the dealers to do the mod on that car. I have done the mod myself on the LCR and lets see if the stealers try to blame it for any problems ect.

One word of warning to everyone on this site:

I have been informed by a very close friend who works for VW UK out of MK that they and other car makers are watching these web sites to pic up on common problems that people are picking up on/ mods to peoples cars that they are not disclosing ect.
This was highlighted to me when I had a problem with the R32 and tried to get it fixed under warrantry. They came back and dislosed that I had only picked up the fault after disscussion on a web site. :scary:
At the time I was using the R32 forum on tyresmoking site.
That is why certian things should only be discussed via PM`s only.

Coming away from the above I hope that you get everything sorted and that the rest of the year goes better for you.

Cheers
Stokey
:cheers:

PlatinumR

Arrived and lovin it!!
Jul 23, 2004
Shoreham-by-Sea
If something MUST be left in the car - lock it in the boot.
Double lock the boot, this will prevent it being operated by the
central locking mechanism (see details of how to do this in your
Owners'Handbook).

Yeah because if you do that it also locks the rear seats to stop them being folded down and the contents of your boot nicked! ;)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
stokey said:
I have been informed by a very close friend who works for VW UK out of MK that they and other car makers are watching these web sites to pic up on common problems that people are picking up on/ mods to peoples cars that they are not disclosing ect.
This was highlighted to me when I had a problem with the R32 and tried to get it fixed under warrantry. They came back and dislosed that I had only picked up the fault after disscussion on a web site. :scary:

Surely, if its a fault, it dont matter how u found out about it? The website cannot GIVE u the fault, the car has it. I dont see their arguement really.
I know things like signatures and that can show ANYone what you have done to your car. If you are gonna mod certain things, then u gotta be prepared to be caught out. Its happened to others before.

stokey

3.2 V6 Power is awesome!!
Jul 20, 2004
Cheshire
What happened was that a person on the site highlighted a problem on the car that he had just had done under warranty. This caused alot of intrest in his post and with in a week approx 12 people had taken theres in for the same fault.

Mine went in because the item had actualy broke in half where the other people seemed to be trying to get items replaced under warranty withg out the item failing. This got flaged by the head office.

You also know how far the stealers / car makers will go to get out of things.

I understand what your saying, but I`ve also worked foe a OEM Engine builder and have seen from the inside what they do to get out of warranty claims. I had to go to customers sites and look into there problems and also do a little investigation work to find out things.
I have also seen and been involved in developing engines and seen how a engine can be alowed to go on the open market with in built designh faults so that in the long run the OEM will sell spares.

Cheers
Stokey

Jukesy

Still confused

Ive done a search but still don't fully get what you mean. Obviously you can't explain how to do it but are you saying you remove the locks from the doors to solve to problem? I have a new 225 LCR with 1200 miles on it so am fairly new to this game. However used to have a 225 S3- was it the same deal in that? Never had a problem in 2 years.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Jukesy, nothing will be mentioned on these forums. If it is, it will be removed immediately.
No point in asking, how to solve problem really, but delocking is the answer.
All VAG cars have the problem. VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
A lot of people seem to be in a panic about this,

I am not going down the delocking route, what happens if your central locking fails and you need to use the key to enter the car??

Changing the security features of the car may affect insurance issues. It may also affect warranty issues.

If a thief wants to enter my car, im sure he will. The only thing worth stealing is the aura HU and disc changer. They are cheap enough to come across on ebay.

Not worth doing IMO. So far 2-3 people have had this done to them out of hundreds and hundreds of seat cupra.net users.

Jukesy

As I've only got the single CD player all they can really nick is the fluff from my wifes cardigan that's stuck to the irritatingly fluff attracting seats!!

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Mitchy said:
If a thief wants to enter my car, im sure he will. The only thing worth stealing is the aura HU and disc changer. They are cheap enough to come across on ebay.

Yes he will but it might put them off if de-locked. Cheap ..... over £4k later I wouldnt say !

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
More than 2-3 people!
Anyway, it tends to be people that have been hit by the chavs, and by then its a little too late. I dont want to be too late.
At the end of the day, its your choice. If you dont do it, then dont post on here and moan like hell when they nick your contents of your car, and probably most of the car as well.

I for one recon its a worthwhile mod. More and more people are being hit by this.
And besides, now count all the VAG drivers who have done this. MKIV's.net forums, all the VW golf drivers and so on. Lots of people have done it.
Insurance companies are fine about it - one less lock is an improvement.

Anything you change on your car can void a warranty - they just want an excuse. At the end of the day, the problem you have will have to be linked with the change you made, so unless u have a lock problem with your car you will be ok.

I know at least 5 mates who have done this, and can count at least 10 people on these forums, as well as lots on mkiv...... just doing a search on how many threads are about this says enough.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
If your central locking packs in and you have to use your key then it won't be so good.

I suppose it depends on the area you live in, there are plenty of Vag cars round where i live and as far as i know not 1 has been broken into. If i was living in the streets of Liverpool/Glasgow/Newcastle, then i would no doubt get it done, but for where i live, there really is no point.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Well said Pabs. My mate though his car would be ok 'its only a Bora' he though .. 2 weeks later and a £400 bill to fix repair the door, need I say more.

At the end of the day its your choice.

W4YNE

HERE COMES LUNCH : - P
Jun 7, 2004
Midlands
Mitchy said:

Jukesy said:
As I've only got the single CD player all they can really nick is the fluff from my wifes cardigan that's stuck to the irritatingly fluff attracting seats!!

Are you forgetting your nice 18" LCR Alloys & that would put the cost up.

What about the damage to the lock & cost to repair it?

What about any other damage they cause whilst in the vehicle?

Some nasty :censored: might decide to slash you seats like the :censored: who broke into one one of my past cars. They smashed the locks, smashed the dash board up trying to get the stereo out & smashed rear qrt. window slashed the seats & bleed all over the dash & seats (looks like the car took a bit back :roflmao: ).

I know they could smash the window & get in that way, but it's more trouble than the other way (which we will not mention here) do you not think :confused: :thumbup:

mikey said:
If your central locking packs in and you have to use your key then it won't be so good.

You can always use your key in the boot & gain access that way. :whistle:

Last edited:

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Mods can we delete this thread please.
I feel for anyone who has had it done as I would be absoultely gutted, but making a big discussion and constantly highlighting the problem is going to help anyone.

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Can any1 explain this fault to me - seem to have missed something here.

If not wanting to disclose on public boards can some1 PM me please - getting an 05 plate in March and dont want it being wrecked !!!!

W4YNE

HERE COMES LUNCH : - P
Jun 7, 2004
Midlands
Ruddmeister said:
Open the boot and climb in through the boot, not conveinient but your in :)

Already said a couple of posts before, ya blind 'nanna ;)

225 said:
Mods can we delete this thread please.
I feel for anyone who has had it done as I would be absoultely gutted, but making a big discussion and constantly highlighting the problem is going to help anyone.

I agree - this is a huge potential advert, Erase & Rewind please :)

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
W4YNE said:
I agree - this is a huge potential advert, Erase & Rewind please ;)

It only takes several seconds to browse the internet and find more info out about car problems.
Lets leave this thread like this -

Problem - Known method of entry to car

Solution - Delock

If you dont do it and get broken into, don't post on here and get all stroppy and moan.
You have been warned about it. Choice is yours.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise