Ibiza FR TDi or Fiesta ST?

T. Spark

The FR TDi Ibiza can do 0-60 in 8.3 seconds as standard, so doubt the petrol takes .1 seconds longer! Like Seat say!

Question is, does the fiesta look anything remotely like a viper?

Answer is, no.

big ALI H

Cavey
Jun 27, 2003
Cas-Vegas, West Yorkshire
Visit site
Sir SparkSter said:
The FR TDi Ibiza can do 0-60 in 8.3 seconds as standard, so doubt the petrol takes .1 seconds longer! Like Seat say!

Question is, does the fiesta look anything remotely like a viper?

Answer is, no.

8.3? Not being funny mate but i doubt it. Have you ever tried timing it? I have using various (crude to be fair) methods and they all seem to come out at about 9.0 secs at best and my TDI sport is very well run in. Who cares about 0-60 anyway, we all know that its irrelevant really (and also poor on TDI's). How about how the car handles, rides, reliability, dealer service etc. I'm sure the Fezzer beats the Ibiza on quite a few other points other than to 60, as much as it pains me to say it.

Agreed about the Viper comment though. Although they are Shelby stripes NOT Viper stripes ;) :rolleyes: ;)

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
The best I timed as standard was 8.8 seconds which I was really impressed with at the time. Most of these TDi FRs are running at more like 150 bhp than 130 - mine was at 146 at the wheels. I suggest that 8.3 is feasible but unlikely.

R

T. Spark

Basically, not as slow as said. And I think it handles well... dependshow mental u r I guess :D

I'll rephrase about the strips then....

Does the fezza look anything like a Shelby?! teehee.. cheers for clearing that up aswell... tbh im stupid not to have thought that myself... probs woould have after read it a few times!

Wasnt awake when I posted, thats my reasoning :D

big ALI H

Cavey
Jun 27, 2003
Cas-Vegas, West Yorkshire
Visit site
Sir SparkSter said:
Basically, not as slow as said. And I think it handles well... dependshow mental u r I guess :D

I'll rephrase about the strips then....

Does the fezza look anything like a Shelby?! teehee.. cheers for clearing that up aswell... tbh im stupid not to have thought that myself... probs woould have after read it a few times!

Wasnt awake when I posted, thats my reasoning :D

Wasnt being funny about the stripes matey, just seem like the glory is being taken away from the Cobra by the crappy Dodge Viper :rolleyes:

Agreed, the Ibiza handles OK but from what i've read the Fiesta handles better and i imagine it will be built better too.

All i was meaning is that people see the 0-60 time as faster and automatically assume it must be a better car :rolleyes: Also that they will quite happily listen to what the mags say form the 0-60 times but when they the mag says the Fiesta is better they don't want to know. Selective hearing so-to-speak. Not diggin at anyone here just trying to put things into perspective and point out theres more to life than a 0-60 time

Wassy

Eat my soot!
May 20, 2004
Coagh, N.Ireland
autocar tested a tdi sport at 8.4 secs a couple of years ago so it's not as unlikely as it sounds. rest assured my tdi sport is quicker than 9 secs :D
Agree with ali on this as well 0 - 60 isn't the be all and end all, 30 - 70 is more important in my eyes.

Last edited:

mchubb

Aug 22, 2004
Bristol
At the end of the day its still a FORD!! everyone knows someone with one, or someones gran's got a fiesta, not everyone has an ibiza!

And who wants to drive a sanitary towel (ST)??

Clark10

Apr 13, 2005
Belfast
I'm swaying towards the Ibiza at the minute, out of interest roughly what kind of 0-60 times with you get out of a revoed 130 BHP Ibiza? And how would it affect the top speed?

terry

SPEED FREAK !!!!
Feb 21, 2002
worcestershire
Visit site
HI ALL.
As some of you might know i have had bezza revo, cupra r revo,
loads of tt's 225 with revo & an A4 DTM revo etc etc ,
My wife has an st 150 and its a great car which sounds great when you ring its neck, also you can easy get 190/215 bhp for less than £1k also cosworth do an up grade to around 190/200 bhp for aronud £700.
I loved all the seats i owned but only the cupra r with revo would give a grin as big as the little st150 could give you !!
Its a totally differant drive to the bezza the bezza would be better on motorway and long distance but for b road bashing i would have the st any day.
cheers all catch you later:bleh:

Last edited:

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Ant FR said:
They don't do an ST diesel mate, the one you are referring to is the 1.6 TDCI Zetec-s which is the diesel version of the 1.6 petrol Zetec-s. its only 90 bhp and is very much different to the ST. has the same bodykit but thats where the similarities end. Different brakes, different suspension, 60 bhp down on the ST smaller wheels, different seats, every different in deed.

If they do ever release a Diesel ST ( which ford have said no to already) then they would have put the new 2.0 Diesel from the focus ( 140bhp) in it.

Handling on the ST is spot on and it has laped fords test track 2 secs faster than a Focus RS as it can carry a lot more speed through the corners.

On the straights an FR would win hands down, but around the twisty stuff the ST is better, and quite a lot better.

See this thread mate Fine car the fiesta tdci only 90 bhp but it handles like a go kart, oh and when it is run in ( it is detuned from 110 bhp to 90 bhp) anyhow, it will chip to 140 bhp+ :D the wife cannot wait:rolleyes:

PICS here of Zetec s tdci http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88664

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Just curious, but have you asked the same question on a Fezza forum? If so can you post a linky to see tehir opinions on SEAT's - might me funny :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise