Coin tray for Leon!

CASSMAN

auto emocion
Dec 20, 2004
scotland
kw_maher said:
no micky-D's allowed in the car im affraid! :hide:

re: the bru, i dont get cans either. there's no man alive what can sustain a whole can of molten girder in one session, so bottled makes sense to ensure future freshness ;) :bleh:

:drool:
No man alive eh? have you ever been to Glasgow? :whistle:

kw_maher

rekindled love
Jun 10, 2004
CASSMAN said:
No man alive eh? have you ever been to Glasgow? :whistle:

you lie!

must not be human i fear..

re the cup sign:

im cool with the cup logo, keeps it stealthy. but i did look at changing it in the frst place tho. I doubt you could get it off without ruining the surface.
maybe theres a right hand side blanking plate for models without airbags?- if they exist..

AndyHazza

Ex-Awesome GTi Staff
Mar 30, 2005
Bolton
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
I agree with maher on this, no man can possibly drink a can of bru in one session. Its just not possible!!

i'm well impressed with it, very smooth. I still think the other idea for that tray was a good one though, wouldnt wanna say it though incase anyone wants to try and copy :D cos i reckon we could still fabricate it kev, worth a crack anyway :thumbup:

its cool being the inspiration for the makin of the coin tray but i dont even use mine for that! keep work business cards in mine! :blink:

oh kev, and as for the burgler :thumbd: you know what i mean

kw_maher

rekindled love
Jun 10, 2004
Awesome_Andy said:
i'm well impressed with it, very smooth. I still think the other idea for that tray was a good one though, wouldnt wanna say it though incase anyone wants to try and copy :D cos i reckon we could still fabricate it kev, worth a crack anyway :thumbup:
been thinking about that more. just cant be ársed now.. with some mobile phone parts, it would be easy, but i dont feel like stripping the interior again! :(

Awesome_Andy said:
oh kev, and as for the burgler :thumbd: you know what i mean
brown :hide:

kw_maher

rekindled love
Jun 10, 2004
maybe, but i cant be bothered! :p

maybe next year, but someones prolly done it by then..

ppyrdjb1

I know this thread is way dead, but I used to have an audi A4 which had the same style drawers as my Cupra, except, on the left was the cup holder, on the right was a coin tray.

The action was nice and smooth and it had a carpet(!) inside to stop coins sliding - perfect design.

I do miss it now, no easy place to put my change in the Cupra without noise. I did try putting anti-slip mat stuff everywhere, but it looked pants.

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
How about a coin holder from another car... and place it in the arm rest...

Another small and useful place, without much noise due to the tight space is the ashtray for the rear ocupants....

You fellas, sound like the Americans...

"HOWDY, WE WANT COIN HOLDERS, COKE BOTTLE HOLDERS, CUP HOLDERS, etc etc etc ..." :cartman:

Err... I remember BMW had to modify the US spec E36 M3 due to public demand ....:blink:

A sports car with Coin and Cup Holders...

I've reuploaded the original pics, so the first post should work fine.

and here are some step by step photos I've found while I've been looking.
Some are pretty shaky, but its obvious what I did. FYI, the glue I used was Evostik Impact Adhesive..

cointray1.JPG

cointray2.JPG

cointray3.JPG

cointray4.JPG

cointray5.JPG

cointray6.JPG

cointray7.JPG

cointray9.JPG

cointray10.JPG

cointray11.JPG

Last edited:

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Just thinking, was i my mate audi A4 1995, instead of a cup holder he had a tray which he uses for his coins. any else taught of just switching them into the leons

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.