Boot Space

curfish

Hi all

my first post!!!

im getting a company car soon and i reckon im gonna go with a leon. what id like to know is about the boot space. im a new father and have to think about prams and such

anyone else in the fatherhood situation who will be able to ease my mind about making sure i can get the pram in.

Cheers

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
No problems here (our daughter is nearly 4), but it does get easier when they can do without the pram/push chair!

How old is your kid?

If they are older than one it does get easier with the pushchair as the pram we had was very heavy and bulky, so would recommend changing asap.

btw welcome ! :wave:

curfish

my little girls only 4 weeks old.

the pram just fits in the back of the focus. might take it along to a dealer and double check

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
curfish said:
my little girls only 4 weeks old.

the pram just fits in the back of the focus. might take it along to a dealer and double check

Good to double check!

My wife has a previous shape Focus (W reg), think my boot is slightly bigger, but that could be because of all the c**p she has in the back! :D

dazler

Hi,

Our little man is now 11 months and I've had the LCR from when he was about 2 months. Started out with a M&P travel system, fitted in fine just had to move the handle to the lowest possition when putting it in the boot.

Now he's a bit older we have got a smaller pushchair this goes in no probs together with a travel cot, large suitcase, beer, toys, 2 x fold-up chairs and much more.

Hope this helps in your decision making, if in any doubt go and try.

Darren
[B)]

Daibill

Valley Boy
Mar 6, 2004
S Wales
Visit site
Well i've got a 3 month old and our pram fills the entire boot. It is a big pram though ( Babystyle 3 in 1 ) but I do have to take the wheels off to put it in the back. Not much else can go in with it though, Although we normally stuff things into the pram bit where my son lives. I wanted a travel system but her mother was buying it and she fell in love with it, you know what women are like at times like these.. :rolleyes:

We have also got a small buggy for going to the shops which goes in no problem. The length on a typical buggy is roughly about the width of the boot before you get to the arches with a couple of inches either side. Be careful inseting or removing said buggy as the plastic boot lining tends to mark easily.

Hope all is well with your new family. It's a bit of an upheavel isn't it...?

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
I would recommend double checking aswell as all prams seem to fold up differently.

I have had no problems including a weeks holiday with a 1 yr old, pushchair, luggage and the rest of the bits and bats, which all fitted in fine.

We took the pushchair when we went to buy the Smart. As the salemans said "the sale of a £7k car depends on a £100 pushchair" :roflmao:

alock

May 3, 2004
We have the M&P MPX travel system (which is big). Although the wheels and carrycot fitted in the boot, it was a tight squeeze. We were in the market for a new car anyway, so I've kept the LC (for my short commute) and have now bought my wife a new Skoda Octavia Estate 2.0TDi Elegance.

This has an enourmous boot which makes loading/unloading the pram very easy for my wife when she is on her own. The important thing is that everything can be loaded in any order, there is no 'magical' order required to make everything fit which was the case with the LC. This makes a world-of-difference when my wife is on her own and it is pooring with rain.

cjp

Jan 5, 2004
Visit site
Ours is 11 months old and I've had the cupra for a year and a half.
The shop we bought our pram from let us try to put various prams in the boot. We went for a Jane Matrix system and this folds up to a relatively small size. It can be put between the wheel arches (narrowest bit) with a few inches to spare, which is a must. The pram had to go back to the shop for a few days and we were lent a stroller. Whilst it took up less volume, it was longer and had to go in on the diagonal, which is obviously a c**p use of space. Avoid anything with big 'offroader' wheels. They take tonns of space and I see no point in them. 4 small wheels is all you really need.

curfish

thanks for all the replies people i think i will measure it when i get home, as it looks quite big, no idea about the make and model i let the mrs deal with that sort of thing.

i am hope to get a Leon FR with the 150 diesal engine, was gonna get a golf but seeing as on the way to work today i counted 10 golfs and 0 leons.

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
I've grown three kids up in various seats....beezer's and Leons...no probs..but do check by physically taking your pram/pushchair to the dealers with you first..
I have allways done that just to be sure...
Some of these modern tricycle buggy things with the knobbly wheels wouldn't look out of place in a desert war chasing a humvee....

FriarFR

Jul 3, 2005
Hampshire
changing the subject a little, although staying on the child front, does anyone have any experience of using an ISOFIX child seat in the back for an 18 month old...?

if so, have you got the SEAT seat ( :blink: ) or which others have any of you got?

alock

May 3, 2004
FriarFR said:
changing the subject a little, although staying on the child front, does anyone have any experience of using an ISOFIX child seat in the back for an 18 month old...?

if so, have you got the SEAT seat ( :blink: ) or which others have any of you got?

No experience of an 18 month old yet, but I do have a 3 week old, and she has a Britax CosyTot ISOFIX. It fits in my LC fine although being rearward facing, you can't have the front seat all the way back on its runner. Our new Octavia has more rear leg room and hence doesn't effect the front seat position as much. The group 1 seat shouldn't have this problem but I'm sure someone else can confirm.

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Not used isofix seats but we have a Britax First Class and a Britax Trio which work no probs.

The First Class was used rear facing at first but is now forward facing. No problems either way except he keeps wiping his feet on the back of my seat. :whistle:

nickkis

Coming back to the fold
Jul 4, 2005
Wiltshire
If your 18 month old is going to fast grow out of the Duo, which I suspect at that age is possible, then to the best of my knowledge (over 8 hours spent in online searches, discussions with Seat UK, local dealer, Trading Standards (long story) and 4 independent baby stores who are more use than Mothercare, you need an import.

If you search the forums for Booster Isofix, you should find a post of mine with all the links, my PC's crashing at the moment but I believe that should do the trick.

cjp

Jan 5, 2004
Visit site
Hicks said:
FriarFR: We've got a Britax Duo Plus Isofix. Absolutely fantastic, totally stable. I thoroughly recommend this seat.

I've got one too and second that.
The one you get from Seat is also a Britax Duo Plus Isofix. I looked into this and the seats are identical (apart from the trim) and the instruction manual from the Seat one has Britax writen on it.

Got mine here

FriarFR

Jul 3, 2005
Hampshire
I have a Britax First Class at the moment in my Mundano, the reason for my question is i'm getting the FR next week ... and as it comes with ISOFIX points i was considering changing to that. Personally I have found the Britax First Class to be excellent and fits in the Mundano as if it were bolted in. If its the same in the FR then I doubt I will change it ... yet.

Interesting to see that the SEAT version of the duo plus is in fact the duo plus! Ok so its 170 quid, but it is a nicer colour than the britax models....

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
FriarFR said:
I have a Britax First Class at the moment in my Mundano, the reason for my question is i'm getting the FR next week ... and as it comes with ISOFIX points i was considering changing to that. Personally I have found the Britax First Class to be excellent and fits in the Mundano as if it were bolted in. If its the same in the FR then I doubt I will change it ... yet.

Interesting to see that the SEAT version of the duo plus is in fact the duo plus! Ok so its 170 quid, but it is a nicer colour than the britax models....

As I said earlier the First Class fits fine in mine so I would just stick with that if I were you.

Seems silly to spend more money replacing something that does the job just as well.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members