H&R Springs, any good?

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
Alright folks,

I'm looking to lower my 210 LCR about 30/35mm and the local shop recommended H&R springs which lower the car around 35mm..

I've tried a search but havent really managed to find peoples opinions on these springs..

So has anyone got these fitted to their car and if so what do u think of them?

any other recomendations are welcome also, cheers! :D

LeonR

Feb 17, 2004
Utrecht
Visit site
Imho lowering an LCR is a bad idea (coilovers with adjustable dampening and no or slightly lowering is the way to go). with 30 mm you'll just about hit everyting!
Friend of mine had the H&R under his LCR but removed them after two weeks (and the same amount of broken splitters).
The springs however are o.k. (Biltstein also uses them in their coilovers) and if you want you can have his set for about 125 Euro's.

markmck

f!!#*** Computers
Feb 1, 2002
ballymena
Visit site
I have them on my Toledo but its a TDI so wouldn't have been as low as your LCR to start with

I think they are good (paired with some koni yellows)

Robbo149

Professional VAG addict!
Apr 25, 2005
West Yorks
I've used H&R on my previous Golfs (mk2, 3 & 4), I think there excellent, way better than Eibachs IMHO. But as the other guys say, the LCR is pretty low as standard, so you'll probably end up ruining an already good car.

Cheers,
Robbo

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
Thanks for the replies guys, my previous car was lowered 115mm at the back and 70mm at the front so im used to avoiding "scuffage areas" lol, it is something i will have a think about before finally deciding to go for the springs or not but glad to hear your opinions, thanks :D

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Mine is lowered about 15mm rear and 10mm on the front and I get a couple of extra scuff's on the splitter.

35mm would be very low and I would suggest a little OTT in my opinion.

H&R stuff is good kit though IMO

foxy42

I am your DADDY!
May 26, 2005
Athens, Greece
Yep, I swear by H&R...all my springs are matched, the H&R 'cup' kit is fantastic value for money, it's good enough for track use, and iirc, the shock inserts are bilstein...

Dozer

Jul 2, 2005
Birmingham
Ive got H&R springs on my LC, the ride is firm but the difference in look and performance more than makes up for it.

My car is fitted with a LCR bodykit minus the front splitter :( , which will end up residing in your boot if you decide to fit the springs. I got sick of pulling over and picking it up from the side of the road.

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
Well this is how low my last car was and not once did i ever crack or scrape the splitter (was made of fibreglass) and im pretty sure that the leon wont b quite as low as this lowered 35mm, i know it would b close but i think i'd survive unscathed...

fe52d343.jpg

Might think about it for a wee bit longer though.. :D

Cupra_Clark

Apr 18, 2005
It never handled as well as it would have done on say 30mm on 15"s, but it wasnt the worst, stil had fun in it every day though, but it was more of a show car to be honest as there were no back seats due to 3 subs, 4 amps, ps2, etc etc :whistle:

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
i've got the h+r coilovers on my lcr. Lowered 15mm front,35 rear. the splitter does catch on some speed bumps. I would say the ride quality is better and the handling is a lot less twitchy especially at higher speeds or braking hard.

c11rgd

Freshie
Sep 27, 2006
Wheres the best place to buy these springs from, i want a set of H&R for my 03 LCR.?

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Just something to think about... but 90% of the time, when you see 30mm as the amount it lowers the car, this is based on a standard Leon, not the LC or LCR which is lower as standard. For instance, Eibach springs claim to lower the car by 30mm but in reality it's around 10mm as the car already sits lower than a standard Leon.

So the 35mm springs might not actually drop your car by 35mm.