Trip Computer

Picked up my Ibiza Cupra on saturday, I had a new mp3/cd player fitted to it on sunday, but my trip computer only shows the current trip and nothing from before is this normal? not sure if it did it before fitting the cd player or not. I know that my C2 used to display it until the counter was reset but the ibiza seems to reset itself after i take the key out of the ignition.

Snoopcousins

Working the Guns!
Mar 18, 2005
Bangor
If you press the reset button once (on the bottom of the wiper stalk) it will display another range of figures for your total Trip, total MPG etc until you reset it.
The first Trip is only your current milage from when you started your engine.

Hope this helps....

PS Nice car by the way :thumbup:

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
Trip 1 also resets after 2 hours if the car has not been used so you can use it on multiple trips as long as you don't leave it londer than 2 hours between trips. Trip 2 only resets when YOU reset it either by pressing and holding the button under the stalk when in trip 2 mode or if the battery gets disconnected for some reason.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
aceman said:
Trip 1 also resets after 2 hours if the car has not been used so you can use it on multiple trips as long as you don't leave it londer than 2 hours between trips. Trip 2 only resets when YOU reset it either by pressing and holding the button under the stalk when in trip 2 mode or if the battery gets disconnected for some reason.

Think trip 2 only last for 5000 miles, remmeber this on the golf which has the same computer.

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
Just had my FR TDi for a few days, and the trip computer is great.

One question: Is there any way to view the "trip 1" MPG before it gets reset? In other words, you get in the car more than 2 hours since you last drove and think "I wonder what my mpg was on the last journey".

It seems to reset as soon as you turn the ignition on, but can you get into the trip computer without the ignition?

__
David

stepea2202

av got leon cupra k1 trip milage to right ov total milage saying 3-4 how to see the milage as wen a turn my ignition on a can see it then wen car started it says 3-4 and a cant get it bk to milage

stepea2202

av got leon cupra k1 trip milage to right ov total milage saying 3-4 how to see the milage as wen a turn my ignition on a can see it then wen car started it says 3-4 and a cant get it bk to milage

Hi its where the total milage is to the right it displays 3-4 n only shows trip milage when u turn ignition on but wen started it goes to the 3-4