Status
Not open for further replies.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
agesmax said:
price of the paint =?

i had the rear door handles smoothed and the rear boot S smoothed too, i needed jake to get someone to remove the windscreen and back window, then paint

was roughly about £800

agesmax

what u mean smoothed?
what would u call this color/paint?

oil paint? flip paint? pearlescent??

sounds dodgey removing ur windows. do u need to do this??

any1 know a place in scotland/ glasgow that would do this? (oil paint it and any labour) ??

D8MNS

Quattro Power baby yer!!!
Nov 8, 2004
Badland Brum on the manor.!!!!
why dont you...

agesmax said:
what u mean smoothed?

get the same person to do urs thats done ricks ie james it will cost between 1200 and 2000 depending what finish you want ..ie ricks is for shows so many many layers i hear...more work... ;)

yuoll need thisn doing for a proper job... :whistle:

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
agesmax said:
what u mean smoothed?

any1 know a place in scotland/ glasgow that would do this? (oil paint it and any labour) ??

the paint is a flip purple blue red with pink metalflake sprayed over the top, i have the entire set of pics on the net somwhere ill have a look took many layers to get it to the desired finish, smoothed doors means door handles taken off and the s badge on the boot removed and filled in.

gice Jake a call at WWW.PANELCARE.CO.UK im sure hell give you a very reasonable price.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
GlynnRM said:
RickC,
How do you enter through the back doors and into the boot?

i have a popper on the boot and until some morwe solonoids arrive in stock you have to open the back door from the inside, no big deal really as i dont have rear passengers

mikeydee

Mike
Mar 3, 2005
Doncaster
that is one sweet car, was your car at donny ripspeed this year because i went to the show dont remeber your car being there.....? P.S i love the colour ;)

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
mikeydee said:
that is one sweet car, was your car at donny ripspeed this year because i went to the show dont remeber your car being there.....? P.S i love the colour ;)

i went but not in my car, as i got it back the day before all stripped out, so i had to put all the interior in, ill be at Trax 05 though

cheers Rick

Sy

Jan 11, 2005
Midlands
Rick, what did you do about the engine bay? Did that get a licking of lovely purple or is it still black?

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Sy said:
Rick, what did you do about the engine bay? Did that get a licking of lovely purple or is it still black?

not very good pic took with my phone but here it is at the moment

Image(03).jpg

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Today Ive Been Very Very Bad

ive been thinking for a while about changing my rims as i dont like the spacers at the front and how it sits on the hub, i am now a proud owner of a set of Konig tuner 2's being delivered on tuesday, :D :D

Image(19).jpg

Image(20).jpg

answers on a poscard for the size :D

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Either they're 17" and you have teeny weeny hands, or :confused:

They must be light for you to have to hold them down to take pictures?

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
Mr Roboto said:
How much did they put you back if you don't mind me asking :D

What make tyres you gone for ;)

not as much as you may think, haggled down for a great price with lockers and chrome valves thrown in too, went for nankangs as i have them on my 19s and i cant fault them one bit, these also have a rim protector on the tyre wall so will be good for the girlfriend,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members