how can i get these rear lights?! (NOT LEXUS)

danthemanwhocan

Jul 19, 2005
Somerset
http://www.raid-rdi.com/deutsch/pics/produkte/klein/610226.jpg

from the raid website

These are like the OEM Leon ones, but with a bit less red, and LEDs. They look great I reckon. Theres also a version with is the same design as the OEM ones, again with LED stop lights.

How can I get hold of these, is there a RAID supplier in the uk. Ram Air Filters apparently is the uk arm of raid, but their site only lists filters.

Will I have to get it from Germany? If so, will the go on to my uk without fuss?

Cheers chaps.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
don't quote me on this,but iirc either euro car parts or german swedish french,sell raid gear.worth an ask ;)

Goot

There Can Be Only One!
Sep 9, 2002
Cheshire
sorry to hijack thread, if anyone is getting rid of OEM rear lights, let me know. I need at least drivers side due to a slight crack in the plastic.

Goot :)

rst_cupra_r

jamie from essex
Jul 23, 2005
Braintree, Essex
BlackCupraa said:
To answer your question they should fit fine even if they are from "The Father Land"

But IMO dont do it they look pants
im wit him here there not to tasty really the lcr lights are so nice standard way change perfection

danthemanwhocan

Jul 19, 2005
Somerset
610227.jpg

Those are the more red versions, which, correct me if im wrong are identical to the OEM ones in apperance, but have leds for the stop light, very much like the late BMW 3 series lights.

Surely adding led's to the OEM design is a good thing...

Im gonna do some more invistigating to find our where I can obtain a set. Bet the cost a bit though :think:

LeonR

Feb 17, 2004
Utrecht
Visit site
Well... no secret here. May be you have seen the "lasurite" rearlighs on E-bay and I just copied the idea..... Since I used to paint/spray carbon parts and know a bit about repainting plastic parts I fiddled a bit with some translucent paint that can be used on the original headlights. Finally found something that stays on perfect but can be wiped of with acetone (to pass mot) within minutes.....
sprayed rearlights red, white, yellow, black and blue (last just for a showcar because I think you'll be stopped by the police before you're on the end of your driveway....).
Best thing with mine is that the lights will blink red which looks cool.......

Not at home at the moment but when I'm back I'll give some tips (will cost only a few pounds.....)

bandit77

Apr 28, 2005
Nr Preston
I had my Ibiza lights sprayed red (below), never had any problems with them, looked so much better than standard too. Got a Leon now, and like them how they are, dunno if I’ll change them, but if I do id be really interested in those. :funk:

lights.jpg

CupraR-Rog

Just Cruising...
Jul 19, 2003
West Somerset
Visit site
LeonR said:
Best thing with mine is that the lights will blink red which looks cool.......
If you could do it so the lights blinked amber through the red, that would be best as it would still be legal...

My 1st car (1999 Clio) had stock rear lights that were all red, but the reversing light was white (with a slight red tint), and the indicator amber... came from the factory like it and looked good!

ando

Mar 25, 2005
homepage.eircom.net
LeonR said:
Finally found something that stays on perfect but can be wiped of with acetone (to pass mot) within minutes.....

can you tell us what that spray is called? I'd be interested in trying this mod out. I remember seeing a car over here that had these lights, I liked them and tried to get them but could never find the lights for sale anywhere

Mr Roboto

Domo Arigato
Mar 14, 2005
Sussex
danthemanwhocan said:
610227.jpg

Those are the more red versions, which, correct me if im wrong are identical to the OEM ones in apperance, but have leds for the stop light, very much like the late BMW 3 series lights.

Surely adding led's to the OEM design is a good thing...

Im gonna do some more invistigating to find our where I can obtain a set. Bet the cost a bit though :think:

RobDon was thinking of getting these lights!

PM him

Last edited:

LeonR

Feb 17, 2004
Utrecht
Visit site
The can I bought Is slightly different and officially it made to paint bare metall parts but this is the stuff

http://www.caswellplating.com/vht/vht_spec.htm

VHT Metall paint SP 232 Red.

It's inexpensive (I paid 6 dollars plus shipping) but VHT delivers the best paintsolutions (I even used the stuff on wheels (on a Subaru WRX) and the gold coating aged betten than the original

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.