Test drove a Cupra FR today.........

G888

Senna RIP
Aug 23, 2005
Suffolk
Hi

Over the past few months ive been asking alot of questions, and finally i got the chance to test drive a Leon Cupra FR today, and all i can say is FU*K IN HELL this car is fun to drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

Once behind the wheel, it took just 5 seconds and i was hooked...... i want one now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to a local Seat dealer and took out an 03 one, pulled onto the road from the forecourt and put my foot down.... well, only a bit as in a 30 zone, and the midrange grunt is better than my BMW 325!!!, there i was stuck in a 30 zone behind a dam Mondeo!! so opened the window and i could hear the turbo kicking in at 2500, sounded great!!!! so i kept doing it as i couldnt stop smilling, the Mondeo drive must have thought i was a nutter!!! hehe

Finally the Mondeo pulled over just before a 60 zone, so nailed it, the tires fighting for grip and my smile getting bigger.

There was a good straight section with some good bends, and personally, i think this car is better to drive than a Civic Type R :funk:

The garage said i could have it for only 10min or so, but guess i was over half hour as was having too much fun to realise the time!!! dont think he was too pleased!!

So after todays testdrive, my car is now up for sale and im looking for an FR of my own, just cannot wait to get behind the wheel again :D

Anyone thinking of getting one, drive one and you will want one!!!!!!!!!!!

G

G888

Senna RIP
Aug 23, 2005
Suffolk
Would love to try and R but only got 8,000 to spend and will consider a Revo once in bored with the power, but R wheels and front bumper first i think :)

Briggsy

Weren't they the cupra's in 03????? FR only came out late 04.

But hey same motor, anyway. :bleh:

G888

Senna RIP
Aug 23, 2005
Suffolk
The FR come out late 02 i think, when the bodykit was added as std wasnt it??, or like above was it 04 for the FR and Cupra for late 02 till 04??

Whats the difference? they look identical, however the dealer said the 03 i drove does 0-60 in 6.6, funny the 225 Cupra R had the same time!!!!

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
G888 said:
The FR come out late 02 i think, when the bodykit was added as std wasnt it??, or like above was it 04 for the FR and Cupra for late 02 till 04??

Whats the difference? they look identical, however the dealer said the 03 i drove does 0-60 in 6.6, funny the 225 Cupra R had the same time!!!![/QUOTE]

Get him to repeat that and tape him saying it. There's always the Trades Descriptions act

G888

Senna RIP
Aug 23, 2005
Suffolk
7.7 is no bad thing, as it felt nice and quick today!!!! :D

Out of interest, has anyone owned a BMW before they got the Leon?? Just wondered how the change has been??

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
I went from Mercs to Leons....
Plastic nots as nice but cabin ergonomics as good....
More fun to drive and more practical with four doors five seats and a hatchback and fold down rear seats.

cojjer

old enough to know better
Sep 28, 2005
Leicester innit
Yeah I got an FR a couple of weeks ago, and must say I haven't stopped grinning since!

I'm a little confused though as I though the FR was only released in October 2004, when the Cupra was rebranded the FR?

Other than that I'd recommend it!

cheers
Cojjer

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
cojjer said:
Yeah I got an FR a couple of weeks ago, and must say I haven't stopped grinning since!

I'm a little confused though as I though the FR was only released in October 2004, when the Cupra was rebranded the FR?

Other than that I'd recommend it!

cheers
Cojjer

You are correct, it if was pre Sept/Oct 04 then it is a Cupra, not an FR.

See Leon FAQ for confimation

hhh1234

Mar 22, 2007
N.Ireland
how many miles were on the cupra/fr when u got one. and how much u pay.

just asking as im looking for one at the minute and its about 9000 for a half decent cupra tdi.