Lcr vs Fiesta ST on top gear

Neil82

Nov 25, 2001
Visit site
Neil82 said:
Doubt it unless the conditions were totally different, 4 secs is a MASSIVE difference on a track.

YerMother said:
A wet track can easily take 4 seconds a lap off!

Hence why I said "unless the conditions were totally different" ie wet-dry. Not the sharpest tool in the box are you. :cartman:

Bunglebonce

Bunglebonce
Jan 21, 2005
The Blackcountry
Well, Ive just got in from a few beers up town than went a bit pete tong! And I definatly would apreciate her in my pit right now ;)

Sorry for the spelling etc bit i havent looked at hte screen too much for this ;o)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
m0rk said:
no really, in the flesh she looks like a scaggy old woman.

sorry, but once you get past the fact that she's pretty small, would make jason look like the green giant and can drive - she's not *that* nice.

and she sounds like she's eaten a box of nails.

The night is dark for a reason, you don't necessarily have to look at the mantlepiece whilst your stoking the fire. She's a bit marmite to be honest but theres something about her that makes you wonder as she's a thrill seeker.
Bet she's dirtier than a rats nuts.

Timbo

notso Junior Member
Jan 2, 2003
SE London
Visit site
Anyway, back on topic, if it is any minor consolation, I caught a Fiesta ST from about 200 yds behind on a slip road and yes, he was trying ! By the way I've only got an Elsie !

mark sheerin

DUNLOP academy wanabee
May 26, 2002
www.fastalarms.co.uk
m0rk said:
no really, in the flesh she looks like a scaggy old woman.

sorry, but once you get past the fact that she's pretty small, would make jason look like the green giant and can drive - she's not *that* nice.

and she sounds like she's eaten a box of nails.

eek just talked scn out of any tv appearances....

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
AlphaMale said:
Better yet a Ibiza TDi Cupra :p

I was quite shocked to hear from a friend who drives a Revo'd Leon Cupra R that he couldn't pull away from an Ibiza 1.9TDi sport!?!? he guessed it may have been chipped or something and put it to the back of his mind ... days later he saw another TDi and decided to have a blast and he said there was nothing in it :cry: he later asked the driver what he had done to the car and he replied "I have an induction kit and a cat back exhaust - not sure what power it's putting out"

He was gutted!

Alpha
:wtf:
I suggest your mate sells his Revo'd LCR and gets something more suited to his crap driving abilitys......Like a Sinclair C5.... :funk:

cojjer

old enough to know better
Sep 28, 2005
Leicester innit
I saw an old Fifth Gear on discovery real time a few weeks ago where Tiff compared the Cupra R, Civic Type R and the Focus RS. Not sure what track it was on, and he didn't time it or anything on the show, just his opinions on which was best.

He chose the Civic I'm afraid, but did say the power delivery on the Cupra was really smooth, and that the inetrior of the Focus was like an Essex boys dream, hard to disagree with that!

It might have been same track and they timed it? Dead cert they've not had the Cupra on this series.

Last edited:

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
He did time it mate. Got it on my computer... The RS was the quickest by about 0.3 sec over the CTR. The LCR was about 1.1 secs behind if i remember rightly. They retested the CTR a few months back and it was about another 0.7 sec faster than before...
The LCR has never been a track car in my eyes though... more of a all rounder IMO...

FriarFR

Jul 3, 2005
Hampshire
dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet, and i cant be arsed to read the whole topic again, but the LCR only beat a Ford Transit by 5.9 seconds.....?!?!?!!!

warren_cox

Back from the dead
FriarFR said:
dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet, and i cant be arsed to read the whole topic again, but the LCR only beat a Ford Transit by 5.9 seconds.....?!?!?!!!

thats because white vans whup ass. Until the LCR its rumoured they were the fastest vehicle on the planet. (the white astra van i believe)

slim_boy_fat

Ben CTR said:
:wtf:
I suggest your mate sells his Revo'd LCR and gets something more suited to his crap driving abilitys......Like a Sinclair C5.... :funk:

Deny it till your hearts content but its been proved time again that a chipped TDI beezer can easily keep pace with a Standard LCR, with a remap the LCR should have the legs, but there is definatly not as much in it as every LCR owner would wish, this subject has been done to death.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
slim_boy_fat said:
Deny it till your hearts content but its been proved time again that a chipped TDI beezer can easily keep pace with a Standard LCR, with a remap the LCR should have the legs, but there is definatly not as much in it as every LCR owner would wish, this subject has been done to death.

I agree with this. The pool car my other half uses (Bora TDi 130) isn't a lot slower than my LCR considering its mods. The LCR should be much quicker than it is considering the hype / development /race tune focus. Why its not I guess comes down to its limitations of how it lays the power down.

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
slim_boy_fat said:
A chipped TDI may KEEP PACE as you put it, with a standard LCR. Although, would be slower. But against a Re-mapped one, no chance!!! If it's the old "in gear" scenario you're reffering to, then yeah, they may be slightly simular for about 6 mph. But if it's balls out acceleration through the gears..... again NO CHANCE!!! Anyway, you said this Ibiza that raced this guy was standard bar cat back and iduction kit... That was my main point!!!!)
You only have to look at there 1/4 mile times.
If anybody wants to prove me wrong, i'll meet them at the start line at Santa pod. (show me a TDI beezer with just re-map that runs very low 14's and i'll take you seriously) :rolleyes: