Who's fitted an LCR bodykit?

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
I've just got off the phone to my local seat dealer after asking for a quote to fit an LCR front and FR Skirts and rear bumper to my pre-facelift Leon Cupra.

His opinion was that they are difficult to fit and don't look very good when fitted. Now i know a lot of you have done this conversion - what are your experiences?

I'm of the opinion that all the dealer has said is that his bodyshop isn't very good at it's job!

edit: Can anyone recommend a bodyshop in the North Herts/South Cambs area that they have used for similar work (Not Cambridge Seat!!!!)?

Last edited:

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
m0rk said:
it's as easy as OEM parts - largely because it's OEM parts.

i said that to him, thinking maybe he thought i'd meant some pikey aftermarket kit, but he maintained it was still very difficult and he'd need to have all the parts and the car just to quote because the parts and/or car would need modifying to get a fit.

i was hoping just to drop off the kit to be sprayed, then give them the car a week or so later for the fitting. As i'm gonna be spanking £1200+ on this little adventure i wanna be sure it's gonna look the dogs!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
it's weird how some parts people think that way.

it's just a case of buying all the correct parts, and 'doing it'

you may well be best getting them sprayed up & doing it in 3hrs on your drive

Neal

Platinum LCR 225
Dec 16, 2001
West Sussex
Visit site
Step away from your Dealer.

Find a better one , buy the parts, get a body shop to paint and fit or fit yourself in a day.

I updated my Cupra (see guides section) with a later Cupra kit not the R mind and all parts were easy to buy from dealer. LCR front end should be no different except for agreeing the correct part numbers (early Cupra fogs can transfer to later Cupra but R requires different fogs so budget for that). Side skirts are the same between models. Rear LCR bumper again will fit but the exhaust cut out will not suit your Cupra exhaust hence most people will go with a LCR front and a Cupra rear.

Please note the parts list in my guide is for later Cupra look and not R. Prices and numbers were as of the time it was carried out and may have changed.

FASTER

Feb 18, 2005
Nottingham
Easy job mate! did a cupra r bumper in the front yesterday took about 40mins got my bumper from liverpool from a breakers it was damaged (more a paint scuff) repaired it with filler! i resprayed it looks mint!! :p only thing to watch ot for is the 2 hidden bolts behind the plastic trim (bump protectors) they are a pain to remove with out breaking rest is easy! when fitting the new bumper (cupra r anyway) theres a different way of mounting at the sides but seat dealer says its the same?? (yea) :roflmao: mean i had to grind of three little plastic tabs still sits flush tho! looks mint!

-DT-

I want my SuperLeggeras!!
Aug 3, 2004
Bristol
FASTER was it expensive from a breakers? as I am desperate to get hold of some Cupra R/ facelift cupra bits and may resort to ringing around :)

Thanks

FASTER

Feb 18, 2005
Nottingham
not really! whole thing with fogs £175.00+vat bargin i reckon! mrs dont think so (id could go on holiday with that!moan moan!) yea these go for 300+ on ebay with no fogs/damaged/incomplete etc stupid people pay it tho! keep looking out very few breakers have them you gotta be quick tho no ohhhss and arrhhs if you see one get it! generally breakers deal with garages and have a massive list of wants from each and these are hot its all the right time right place sort of thing if i see any ill let you know!

Zamot

Jan 11, 2004
Edinburgh (Norway)
www.zamot.tk
Thinking of getting a LCR body kit, and have some additional questions.

Where can I get the best price on the parts + painting? (links?)
(not too far away from Edinburgh)

I have understood that with the LCR rear bumper the exhaust does not fit. Does it fit perfect or just a little bit better with the Cupra/TopSport/Fr bumper?
How does it not fit - sideways or backwards/forwards?

Are there any differences in different model years?

Do the original grilles fit? (can I use my debadged center grille?) I would perfer no chrome or badge...

My car: 2000/01 Seat Leon 20VT 180hp sport.

Last edited:

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Only place you'll find the full bodykit is a SEAT dealership, there is one in Seafield Road in Edinburgh, Altered Image near Edinburgh sprayed mine, A1 job.

Can't see why the exhaust wouldn't fit, they come out in the same place?

LCR kit hasn't changed from different years as far as I know.

Original grills do not fit, have to get LCR grills.

Tallpaul

Jul 2, 2005
basically as Rob has said.

You're correct tho, LCR bumper doesn't fit with the Cupra/Sport exhaust because the pipes exit a few centimetres further to one side. The MY03 Cupra/FR rear bumper is a perfect fit and looks better IMO because it doesn't have any black plastic areas like the LCR one.

I used Dave Lever from IMG SEAT, Warrington for my LCR bumper/sideskirts and MY03 rear bumper. He was the best price and had the parts delivered direct to the bodyshop who did the work - all fairly painless for me (except on my wallet).

Pictures of the results: Clicky

Jonny

slightly insane monkey
Jul 5, 2005
South Wales
Tallpaul said:
basically as Rob has said.

You're correct tho, LCR bumper doesn't fit with the Cupra/Sport exhaust because the pipes exit a few centimetres further to one side. The MY03 Cupra/FR rear bumper is a perfect fit and looks better IMO because it doesn't have any black plastic areas like the LCR one.

The exhaust & cut out on the LCR is as you say a few centimetres more to the right (towards the middle) compared to the Cupra / FR.

Have to agree, the FR rear bumper does look better than the LCR without the black bit at the bottom, and the bottom (back of the wheel arch) has more shape to it.

Saw someone with the LCR rear bumper on his Cupra and his bumper had melted where the tail pipes were rubbing on the left edge of the cut out :(

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members