2.2 20vt engine in a ibiza

JBS Sales

scrob said:
Errmm who in the right mind would want to put 80s/early 90s technology into one of our cars when they could just tune the 1.8T to silly power?

Our Octavia was running 440bhp without Nitrous so I must agree with this.
Why not just put a bit of money in to the engine you have to make that go some?
Sarah

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Not being rude here all but that has been done (a tuned 1.8t), i think (and i could be totally wrong) that Cu51pra wants something different that no one else has or has tried to do.

Im sure when the first people put Ford Zetec parts in the golf GTI's or put an audi TT lump in a mk1 they said why bother!

If i had the choice between two cars both pushing the same power etc i would go for the one thats different to what everyone else has done. Anyone can tune up a 1.8t and it has been done allot (ok maybe not a vast amount but a fair number). If you dont try these things you never know!

I know of a fella that puts stupid engines in silly cars! His recent one is a FTO lump in a clio 16v special. Now the work that went into making that fit was vast and when questioned "why bother" his answer is always because he can and it hasn’t been done! Now the car has the turning circle of a super tanker and isnt that quick but it will draw a crowd when it hits the show scene next year.

Just my 2ps worth!

JBS Sales

Well I do agree with that.
We do engine conversions too.
But the majority of the mods that we do is because the customer wants to.
But it does depend on what is wanted for the end result.
If it is just purly for speed then there is other ways to do it.
If it is to be different , then why not.
But if it is just for speed then that was my opinion.
It can cost ALOT of money for engine conversions as there is alot of work to be done in this as you are aware of.
But as been said on here there are more modern engines that can be done and this would be a first too.
Each to their own.That is how it should be.
But you do have to take in to account running costs of a converted car too.
The extra you would have to pay on insurance and the upkeep of the engine.
You would be supprised the bills I make out.
The 1.8T engines in to old cars , this is justified by "cos I want it"
Sarah

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
cpufreak said:
except it wont fit.

When the TT came out, Dialynx wanted to do some special with one, and initially were goin to fit one of the 2.2 Turbo 5 cylinder engines from the quattro, but it was too bulky. In the end they put a 2.7 biturbo v6 from the S4 into it, as it was more compact.

if the 2.2 inline 5 wont fit in a TT engine bay, how exactly do you think it'll fit in an ibiza engine bay? :)
2.7 BITURBO SEEMS THE WAY TO GO THEN! :drool: :idea: :cheeky: :drive1: :cloud9:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Dubweiser fitted a 2.2 quatrro motor to their mk1 golf... or more like they fitted a mk1 golf to their quattro more like :p

Rapido as heck..

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Bill & Sarah,

Have any of you had any experiences with the TFSi engine yet? Is it still not possible to run it on stand alone management or custom managment? Reason been althought i'd love to throw a 'tweeked' 20vT lump in the 1.6 Sport i like been different so thought about the 2.0 engine.

Other options I've thought about is a G60 (old but different) or Supercharging (or Turboing) the 1.6.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
vwsurfbum said:
2.7 BITURBO SEEMS THE WAY TO GO THEN!

I know TSR put one (2.7bi-turbo) in a MK3 Golf, concensus was it was a lot of cutting and welding to get it to fit, also that it was a lot of weight a long way forward once mounted :shrug: think they have sold it on part finished now, engine fitted but not running AFAIK.

I think take the rear seats out and make it mid engined and rear wheel drive.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
nope. not personally.
keith murray is building his A3 race car with one of these tho. (so he said)
aiming for 500bhp out of it too!
yikes.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
ibizacupra said:
Dubweiser fitted a 2.2 quatrro motor to their mk1 golf... or more like they fitted a mk1 golf to their quattro more like :p

Rapido as heck..
thats probably more accurate,have you seen it without its wings and bonnet?i'm pretty sure it didn't roll out the factory like that :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.