Anyone fitted under car neons?

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
Just wondering if anyone could advise on where they routed their wiring for under car neons? I know you all think its chav but I'm a chav anyway and its something I wanna do so any help would be appreciated, cheers

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
slimjim said:
taxi.jpg

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
yup... stick cobra striped on it .... and a load of 6x9's ... in the boot!

Plus Lambo doors.... and plastic spinners.....

(OK, OK ...... I admitti it.... I had an underbody lighting kit on one of my old motors..... :doh: )

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
the only time i have used them was behing the cooling fan on my first bug (12 years ago) to light up the engine bay, i just did a pigy back off the normal lighting circuit as they take very little power!

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Oh FFS! Neons, fitted properly so you can't see the tubes can look really nice on the right car. I get a bit annoyed at this "I don't like that so it's chav" attitude everyone has.

To answer your question, I would route the wires around the car and then in through the grommet behind the rear bumper. The wiring for the number plate lights goes through there as well. As long as the wires are secured properly to the bottom of the car in some conveluted tubing it should be safe from stones etc snagging them.

Pete

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Have to aggreed with IceCavern.....

To look "good" they have to be hidden, you you can only see the light reflecting from the ground. I havnt looked under my motor too see if they would fit..... but if you cant hide them well enough I wouldnt bother.

They can look "ok" if thye are well done. But it's VERY easy to make them look VERY bad... :sick:

Good luck! :thumbup:

(p.s. Mine was a purple UBLK on a british racing green Volvo 440! LOL!)

Fidge

SEAT Enthusiast!
Sep 9, 2004
Southampton UK
LOL at you pi$$ takin gits! :lol:

I can asure everyone that it will be a proffesional hidden fit and will look class! I'll take pictures when its done to prove it!

cheers to those with constructive comments!

ps. they are LED ones with strobe and chase effects! Oh yeah!

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Fidge said:
LOL at you pi$$ takin gits! :lol:

I can asure everyone that it will be a proffesional hidden fit and will look class! I'll take pictures when its done to prove it!

cheers to those with constructive comments!

ps. they are LED ones with strobe and chase effects! Oh yeah!
:roflmao:

Yup, just make sure you cant see them.

Some people used to add extra "body work" just to hide them from being seen directly (back in my "Wide-Boy" days onFezzy park in Stoke :w4nk: ) Bit of a stretch I think.

But if it's what you want ... go for it.

The UV kits are kinf of old skool now. the "led" ones are "better" (if you can call them that ;) ) as you can direct them down AND you can change colour and "ripple" the lights.....

Not my cup o' char.... [B)]

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise