Hiya people! N00b to the forum!

I live in South Wales and drive a Seat Ibiza 1.2

front.jpg

Just a sunstrip and bog standard.

back.jpg

Nothing new here either....

Popped down my local halfrauds and seen these :
matrixextreme.jpg

And what would you know, they would bolt straight on!

So.....

rimandsteel.jpg

The size difference! :whistle:

bothrims.jpg

More like it!!! :drool:

frontrims.jpg

Sitting pretty

rimcloseup.jpg

Closeup

They are brand new 17" Matrix Extreme 1's with 205/40/R17, replacing the Fox R1's :
foxr1.jpg

Ive had 4 people in the car, and its not even rubbed a single arch! [B)]

What do you guys think of them?

Last edited by a moderator:

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
stoneyfordNI said:
no lower than 30mm tho , mins down about 40mm+ n it rubs

nice shine tho

pffffttt!!!!!!!!!

Only pooftahs go for a 30mm drop and say that it is fine!! :bleh:

I have a 30mm drop and its not enough so coilovers are going on in a few weeks!!

Triple D

30mm will be fine im sure.like stoney ford said realistacally any lower and you will have to look into rolling arches, effecting the camber ect due to the angle its lowering it at, i might be wrong on the camber thing though.

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Nice, I like them wheels!

My old TDI was like THIS and with people in the back, on a saintly drive, it didn't scrub either. The fronts did if you drove it a bit hard! :D

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
how low is that at the back toXXin???

Im looking a 50mm up front and a full on 75 at the back!! (may not fit the adjusting thingys at the back to go a good 100mm closser to the tar!!

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
andy_gdon said:
pffffttt!!!!!!!!!

Only pooftahs go for a 30mm drop and say that it is fine!! :bleh:

!!

mines down 40 odd n it rubs ,

this is from the guy with a whoosy dump valve on a massey ferguson engine ( thats a tractor by the way andy)

Last edited:

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
stoneyfordNI said:
mines down 40 odd n it rubs ,

this is from the guy with a whoosy dump valve on a massey ferguson engine ( thats a tractor by the way andy)

When i bought my car people said that they looked crap and had no potential-look at how popular they are now!!! Thats how dump valves will be!! Im a trend setter-not follower :p

As for the rubbing....where does it rub??

I have the solution....

sledge-hammer.jpg

BeEzA

Oct 3, 2005
Irvine, Scotland
i put 17" Seat Sport Rader Wheels on mine with 205/40's an dropped it 35mm (30mm spax kit) have had 5 fully grown people in it an not had any problems with rubbing. :) but next week i will have my boot install in which weighs about the same as 5 people lol will see what happens :p

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
That was without the spring platform in, on KW coilovers. Basically, fooking low!

The wheels were ET32 and there were never going to scrub on the rears...lowering the front is the ballache as the tyres end up scraping the bumper bracket. I cut mine out.