scissor doors?????

CHANGZ IBIZAmk2

hey, new here, im from australia and own a 95' ibiza, looking to spend a bit of money on it, and i was just wondering if anyone knows what processes i would have to go through to put scissor doors on it?would it cost heaps? and if anyone thought this was a good idea or a stupid thing to be contemplating :doh: but yeh, any advice is most welcome.

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
do it! it would look great! you can buy the kits, from reading about them some you can get are pretty much bolt on! remeber post lots of pics of the process!

CHANGZ IBIZAmk2

my car is compltely stock atm, exept for a muffler and a stereo, this is what i am planning mods wise,im looking at spending a fair bit of money on it, so far the only mods ive done are put sound system and a sports muffler on it, im looking at importing a 1.8ltr turbo motor but dont know where to start looking, also got some prices on a seidel( not too sure on spelling) bodykit, which included front bar, rear bar, grill, side skirts and wheel arches, this was $2,800.aus including shipping, looks great and id have to say i have never seen a seat in australia that has had large amounts of money spent on it.I have also put some cash away for rims and tyres which are 17" white five spokes which would look awsome on my red car.They are costing $1,500.aus with 35 profile tyres, its going to take awhile for me to do all these mods, but im set on making it happen and already have enough money to buy the bodykit and rims, saving at the moment for new paint job(keeping with red) going to wait till bodykit and rims are on before i get it lowered then get it painted, i know ppl in all trades of car modifying, so wont have to pay much for the installation of anything. last on my list is the new motor conversion, but i can wait for that because i keep losing my licence for speeding anyways, by the way i have personalised number plates that say CHANGZ, as it is stock, i will definately be posting pics of all processes involved, so look out for those over the next few months...........OH!! another thing i want to find out is do they make clear tail lights for the mk2 ibiza, thanks guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

frank_grimes

There's a guy whom sells the scissor door kit on ebay in Australia..

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
shouldnt be too hard to do i know a guy with scissors on his scooby and apparently you just remove the old hinges etc and replace them with the new ones. Do it and put a pic up!

45SET

ITS [ASSET] DAMNIT
Aug 21, 2004
hey dude... if your interested in getting some small parts (lights, mirrors) add me to your MSN, and have a talk to me, as i have a friend that lives over there, and can cut down on the cost of shipping

oh... and what type of Ibiza do you own?? GTi, Cupra......... CLX, and is it 2 door or 4. oh you thinking of doing coilovers or shocks and springs.... AND... as i'm also thinking of doing a engine transplant..... both the 1.8t and VR6 use a 5 stud wheel... so it means your goingt o have to sell your wheels in the future... to save cost.. look if you can change the hubs over... so that you can just keep your wheels.

add me to MSN dude, [email protected]

BYES

CHANGZ IBIZAmk2

yeh i got the clx :doh: but like i said i have a long list of plans for modifying it(performance last) but yeh, ive always liked the look of scissor doors, so definately have a look into that when i get home from work.......no clear tail lights ya rekon?hhhmmm, ya might be right, ill buy em anyways, and chuck em on for a while, and if i dont like em ill get rid of em.

greenmachine

HoK'd GreenMachine!
Sep 21, 2005
Kerry, Ireland
www.cruiseirl.com
Was thinking of getting Lambo doors on my Ibiza a while ago.. Mines also ab 95 Ibiza CLX-S.

The kits are readily avaiable, was going to get mine from Emotion auto styling or auto systems in Ireland.

heres my Ibiza. woud look sweet wiht lambos
0019.jpg

Chewbacca

Jun 28, 2005
Birmingham
CHANGZ IBIZAmk2 said:
hey, new here, im from australia and own a 95' ibiza, looking to spend a bit of money on it, and i was just wondering if anyone knows what processes i would have to go through to put scissor doors on it?would it cost heaps? and if anyone thought this was a good idea or a stupid thing to be contemplating :doh: but yeh, any advice is most welcome.

defo do the door conversion! :funk:

sweilam

SEAT auto emocion
Mar 22, 2005
CHANGZ , what is ur engine ? is it the AAV (1.3 with carburettor) ?
do u have an electric fuel pump or a mechanic ?
u from australia and i am from egypt by the way , 2 foreigners :)

CHANGZ IBIZAmk2

1.4 ltr carby man, not too sure about the fuel pump though, yeh havent had a chance to get a look at scissor doors yet, but i got a mate who put em on his honda prelude gen 3 so ill have a chat with him and let you guys know what i find out, just worked 24 hours in two days so ill be gettin a fair bitta cash this pay day, so i should get a few of the mods out of the way........

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Riddick_m3 said:
lol ffs do you even really know what a chav is?

what ever upgrades people do to their cars makes you a chav according to people like you

nah on a big sporty car like a lambo with its sleek massive doors or an slr or an old merc gullwing they look good because the car was designed with them in mind. The Mk2 Ibiza was not and therefore may look like they were just added on because the owner wanted a lambo and couldnt afford it. Hence chav :bleh:

Last edited:

greenmachine

HoK'd GreenMachine!
Sep 21, 2005
Kerry, Ireland
www.cruiseirl.com
Cupra Kid said:
nah on a big sporty car like a lambo with its sleek massive doors or an slr or an old merc gullwing they look good because the car was designed with them in mind. The Mk2 Ibiza was not and therefore may look like they were just added on because the owner wanted a lambo and couldnt afford it. Hence chav :bleh:

Not getting into any argument regarding this, but different strokes for different folks as its said.

People like em, people dont. Don't go tarring people with the Chavy' brush - just like Car enthusiasts get tarred with the boy racer brush yadda yadda. Hence snob.

/Rant

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.