Short keyfob battery life?

petros

Sep 3, 2001
Chania- Greece
Visit site
After about a year i noticed that some times i could not lock and unlock the doors but the buttery was o.k. At the local service at the begining the reprogramed the keys but after a while the same problem appeared so they replaced the CR2032 buttery with 2 CR2016 butteries and since then everything works fine... I must also say that i don't use so much the key for locking and unlocking becouse i use the remote of the "automate" alarm system i have fitted..

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Sorry, should have done a search.

Mine has gone this weekend since having the car since November!. This is clearly not right.

I did the re-squence, but since the battery is dead it doesnt work - there is a little red light on the key, so assuming this doesnt work the battery is dead?

Gonna call the stealer tomorrow, not happy about having to replace after 4 months use.

ell0070

Feb 28, 2006
Jersey, Channel Islands
It seems to be an ongoing problem! My original fob started playing up, so got hold of a new one about six weeks ago and it coded to the car and worked fine. But a couple of days ago, it just stopped working. Have tried to re code using the manual method and other methods posted on the site, but no luck, so i`ve gone back to my original one with two cr2016s, which is still coded and seems to be working ok (fingers crossed, touch wood etc...). Booked in 4 a service in a couple of weeks, so will get them to look at the new one then.
:confused:

cstevens

Oct 18, 2005
Out of interest how much is a "spare key" can I just buy one of the ebay and get it cut. I have read the manual, presumably you can code it your self, no need for the dealer?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.