Handbrake light flash and beep what is it?

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
Was giving my car a bit of stick round a corner this morning i had TCS turned on, TCS light on the dash flashed for a bit then the handbrake light flashed with a beep sounding then after the corner light stopped flashing and no more beeps does anyone know what this is?

is this normal?

Deleted member 2698

spinrs2k said:
Was giving my car a bit of stick round a corner this morning i had TCS turned on, TCS light on the dash flashed for a bit then the handbrake light flashed with a beep sounding then after the corner light stopped flashing and no more beeps does anyone know what this is?

is this normal?

Could be something as silly as handbrake still on warning. I've done this several times! Sure you let the handbrake off fully (be honest now!)?

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
slowv6 said:
Could be something as silly as handbrake still on warning. I've done this several times! Sure you let the handbrake off fully (be honest now!)?

No handbrake definatly wasnt on, it was off fully. maybe the big hump just before the beep coursed it to pop on for a split second or something :confused:

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
ahh ok, ill get out and check the fluid level maybe i went over the hump a bit to fast :whistle: and its coursed the lv to dip and therefore beep at me but ill definatly check it just in case.

cars a 51 plate cupra btw

cheers guys

Last edited:

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
Martin CUK said:
Yup, brake fluid warning light!

Mine used to come on when I parked on a hill, just topped up the fluid and was fine. :)

do you know what fluid is used from seat in the ibiza cupras? will top mine up if it needs it

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members