2006 Sponsorship...

brakelate-ade

Hi all,

Adrian here, this is my first post, so nice to meet you all.

Reason for my posting is a little unusual as i am email on behalf of myself and a chap called Richard Kingsnorth.

Richard is looking to be in the 2006 season of the Cupra Championship and we have worked on an unusual way to get sponsorship and want to extend it out to everyone...

I know that we cannot send out URLs (from the look of the rules etc) but wanted to see if anyone was interested in being part of the 2006 entry?

Drop me a pm or visit my our site (on my details) and look at the Peoples Cupra...

All the best guys!!

Ade

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Just out of interest is it the same Richard with the orange and black bus in Colchester?

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
we have that rule as some people abuse it, but we dont have a problem with a Cupa team at all, the more the merrier as often we have as many 50-100 SCN members at each event and around 11,000 members(note to potential sponsors: thats a great target audience here!).

Anyway, website here..... http://www.brakelate.com/ cool idea, worked very effectively on Racing for Holland's Dome etc

There you go, a bit of promtion for you....we'll have to send you a sticker:) :lol:

Last edited:

brakelate-ade

mrcoyote said:
Just out of interest is it the same Richard with the orange and black bus in Colchester?

I would say so :)... subtle :)

Also thanks Andy, didnt want to make a duff first post :)

The car should look really cool with all the different stickers on it, and will mean anyone can sit around the pub and say 'I sponsor a race car....' and feel like Eddie Jordan :D

Triple D

what sort of minimum sponsership are we talking? £100, £200

brakelate-ade

Yup, thats the fun of it. A starting price of £100 gets you 6x2 (inch) space. but the maximum is only £200 for the same size, the price range is dependant on its location on the car.. If you want a bigger space, you can buy multiples. Totally up to you if you use it as an advert for a company or a 'hey mum look at me!!' style picture of yourself :)

We want to make the car fun looking and so move away from the feel of the giant sponsor.

Let me know if you would like to know more :)

Ade

brakelate-ade

Cheers scotty, geting a lot of interest, so can't wait to get this moving even more and actually see the car all done :)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Have you approached companys or just joe bloggs?
Would be good to see a blocked up car on the site and see just where the spot is and maybe get people to load there logos up so you can see roughly what it looks like

Last edited:

brakelate-ade

at the moment we have JUST started communicating to people and most are Joe Bloggs, however we don't have any problem working with companies as well :) but we wont go for a big company taking a large space on the car, we want it to be fair for all the normal folk :).

We are continually changing the site and that is one of the things we are aiming to add, at the moment you can register an interest in an area but thats it at the moment.

so... how many squares you want? :D

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
:bleh: Can i have about 20 squares on the steering wheel and the seat so i can get a chance to drive it! :bleh:

Just wondering as i know a few people who own car related shops but only little ones who may jump at the chance of getting there name sin lights

brakelate-ade

hehee nice one, alas i don't recon the stickers on the seat and wheel are for sale :)

Cool, let them know about the site, and get them to rgister an interest its not binding as right now we just want to see who's up for it :)

i wouldnt mind one of them puppies myself... just cant get the back hanging out like in the porkie ;)

Monopot

Hope it works out for your mate. I tried something similar to this a few season ago for the Barber Dodge Pro Series in the USA. Only managed to raise a little bit though and only got enough to get to Sebring for a 2 day test before the money dried up, but I think the idea is sound yeah.

Bobby Rahal did a similar thing in CART a while back and got fans to send in the signatures and they covered the sidepods in them for 1 race. Looked smart!

Triple D

Seems very tempting, when is the latest date you need to know by?

brakelate-ade

Hi Guys,

Firstly thanks mono, this kind of feedback is great, we think the car will look awsome to be honest, and becouse we are splitting the 'Sponsorship Benifits' as a free draw for all the mini sponsors, everyone whos on it gets frequent chances to be at the races etc etc, so hopefully that will be a nice reason for joining in :)

Spaniels, we really want to know as soon as, so we can see what space we have interest in and what is left to fill in :) so at the moment, if you are interested, fill in the form so we have your details, we wont hold you to anything, apart from us sending you an email nearer the time when we want to confirm with everyone who has filled in the form to see if they still want to go ahead or not. so NO money is tied up :)

Hope you guys can support Richard, it will be really cool being part of this (just for a season to say you were a sponsor! :) )

Cheers

Ade

racingdad

Sep 19, 2003
UK
Visit site
Former SCC racer Oli Wilkinson ran a similar scheme to fund his Clio campaign in 2002 under the 'sponsormyracingcar.com' banner with some success, or so I believe

brakelate-ade

Cheers RD :) I had a look around for the site, the URL is registered, but no one on it now. oh well, lets hope we can get this one working well :)

Ade

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.