Plato to race new Leon for SEAT in the 2006

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
racingdad said:
looks to me like somwonw let the cat out of the bag.....

:D That happened last year with Luke though, it was common knowledge on the motorsport forums, even before they wheeled him out, haircut and all :)

Someone has flappy lips obviously.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I've no idea who this person on the BTCC forum is, but they know an awful lot about what goes on in that paddock. They've predicted a few things to happen so far and they've all been correct.

There was an interesting post on the BTCCPages forum about Turner having taken part in a secret 4 driver shootout towards the end of 2005.

racingdad

Sep 19, 2003
UK
Visit site
I saw that as well, but the Darren Turner post was by someone called btracer while the shoot out post came from someone else called outsider (or at least I presume it was someone else)

racingdad

Sep 19, 2003
UK
Visit site
I didn't spot the btcc.net post - ant1988 seems to be fairly exclusive to that forum (unless he posts elsewhere under a different name). Be that as it may, this rumour appears to have legs and while I think Darren is a fine driver I am personally disapointed.

dawnrob44

It's great news, being both a Plato and Seat fan :) (Just wish he'd get a haircut tho)

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
How certain is it that Northern South will be running the cars again? The reason I ask is that Tom Walkinshaw (of TWR Volvo and Arrows GP fame, who famously went bust in 2002) has formed a new company and is set to announce plans for the BTCC at Autosport on Thursday. SEAT Sport UK's website states that they will be making big announcements on Thursday too. Now am I reading too much into this or might this be what's going to happen?

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Later this week, the newly-formed Tom Walkinshaw Group (TWG) will announce two exciting projects: one in motorsport and one in the road-going automotive sector.

hmm. SEAT Sport UK, and a special edition TWG Leon Cupra for the road :p

Wishful thinking eh :blink:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Just to add, non of the news reports today, that ive read so far, have mentioned that he plans his involvement to be centred around the BTCC, but nor does it confirm or deny it.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
According to an article on pitpass.com (called 'Lest We Forget'), it says this:

The press release issued on Monday, proudly declared the return of Tom Walkinshaw, who, it is believed, will announce, later this week, two new British motorsport ventures, one thought to involve the British Touring Car Championship.

It's maybe just another ridiculous silly season case of putting two and two together and getting five, but it's a very interesting one.

Some more on the driver situation. Apparantly there was a four driver shootout held somewhere before Christmas where Darren Turner, Peter Dumbreck, Mat Jackson and Tom Boardman were tested.

outsider

IainW said:
Some more on the driver situation. Apparantly there was a four driver shootout held somewhere before Christmas where Darren Turner, Peter Dumbreck, Mat Jackson and Tom Boardman were tested.

On another forum it was reported that the four were: Turner, Dumbreck, Jackson and Oli Wilkinson. Tom Boardman was Not at the test

outsider

You are lucky - I have got to work. But I hope to go on Saturday.

The Seat sport website seems to suggest that they will be making the announcement(s) to coincide with the Talk Sport transmission on Firday.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I'm not going to brummyland twice.... plus got an interview arranged for some time on thursday to find out :)

Scott Dennis

m0rk said:
can't wait to find out thursday.... I wonder how early is deemed 'keen'

Not too early m0rk...

m0rk said:
I'm not going to brummyland twice.... plus got an interview arranged for some time on thursday to find out :)

...Not if you want sensible answers!

Scott

Scott Dennis

Hi ZBOYD

PM me and I'll tell you what time will be good for an exclusive...obviously it will be embargoed until we get on the main stage!!!

Scott

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.