Plato to race new Leon for SEAT in the 2006

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
outsider said:
On another forum it was reported that the four were: Turner, Dumbreck, Jackson and Oli Wilkinson. Tom Boardman was Not at the test

I stand corrected. :) For some reason I wrote Boardman instead of Oli!

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
Mid Week Motorsport on Globecast has just mentioned it will be announced on Thursday morning and they already know. John H let slip that it might be more than one driver, as speculated on here, ten-tenths and elsewhere

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I think the Prodrive team are still doing Le Mans and the other top GT races though, so he'd be required then. Shame the BTCC meeting isn't on a Monday, as I remember in 2002, Norman Simon went and did the Le Mans test on the Saturday in the Spyker, then came back to Thruxton to drive his BMW on the Sunday and Monday.

Seems the Walkinshaw theory is most probably wrong. :p After those stories saying he was going to be involved in touring cars, Autosport have said he's going to do rallying instead.

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
don't hold me to this but i may be able to get some free tickets to some of this years race's.My boss is steve soper and he often gives us tickets to venues that he gets for free.i will post up if i get any :)

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
tris said:
dose anyone no what steve soper the racer is up to now (sitting back relexing)
yes thats my boss he is at home at the mo with his feet up :lol: he is still a good driver scares the crap out of you when he drives

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
tris said:
dose anyone no what steve soper the racer is up to now (sitting back relexing)

He hung up his helmet after a crash in the final meeting in 2001, which gave him quite a sore neck. A sad way to bow out. I gained a lot of respect for him that season dragging that big whale of a Peugeot around and nearly winning at Oulton Park in his 100th BTCC race.

IainW said:
Expect to see Gavin Smith racing the third Vauxhall again. Allegedly he shelled out not far from £500k for the drive in 2005, outbidding his rivals by a mile.

Yep, Triple Eight Racing have confirmed that Gavin Smith will be driving their 3rd VXR car. So once again everyone will be up against 3 Astras for the championships.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Nope. Smith's 28 now, so you can't call him a kid anymore. ;)

It's looking promising this year. That opener at Donington with only 10 and a half cars was awful. So far we've got this lot confirmed.

SEAT Sport UK - SEAT Leon
Jason Plato
James Thompson/Darren Turner

VX Racing - Vauxhall Astra SportHatch
Tom Chilton
Fabrizio Giovanardi
Gavin Smith

Team Halfords/Dynamics - Honda Integra Type-R
Matt Neal
TBA

Team Eurotech - Honda Integra Type-R
Mike Jordan

Motorbase Performance - Honda Integra Type-R
Dave Pinkney

Geoff Steel Racing - BMW 320i
Martyn Bell

SpeedEquipe - Lexus IS200
Richard Williams
TBA

Techspeed/Thurlby Motors - Vauxhall Astra Coupe bio-ethanol
Fiona Leggate

Team RAC/WSR - MG ZS
TBA
TBA

InFront Motorsport - Alfa Romeo 156
Mark Smith

FastTec Motorsport - Honda Civic Type-R
Mark Proctor

Kartworld Racing - MG ZS
Jason Hughes

Drivers from last year not confirmed anywhere yet: James Pickford, Luke Hines, Gareth Howell, Dan Eaves, Colin Turkington, Rob Collard, Ian Curley, James Kaye, Andy Neate.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.