The Pedal Box Thread!!!

WHYME

Apr 22, 2002
MK
Visit site
Ok, so as we all know SEAT is about as good as making pedal boxes as Ken Dodd is as making people laugh... :whistle: it seems like everyone at some point has had to either have it replaced, or welded properly..
I have recently had the pleasure of having mine done at my own cost, as the car is out of warranty. What you may not be aware of is that certain VW dealerships are addressing this issue enough to give free checks and replacments, even to cars out of warranty... something SEAT will not.. well for me anyway.
I think in the interest of everyone who has already had this done, or has it to look forward to, I am trying to get a definitive list of people who have had this problem with 'name/car/mileage/place of repair/warranty or own pocket' and try and get SEAT to recognise this fault and do something about it!
Apologies if this has already been tried but I am seriously fed up with the whole thing....

Andy

i'll start ...

Andy - SEAT Arosa - 45k - DS Motors - Own pocket

WHYME

Apr 22, 2002
MK
Visit site
Nah, the more the merrier!!
I think the more that have gone wrong, the more of a point we have.... what was the mileage?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Fl@pper - Ibiza Gti 2.0 16v - 58k - at work - own time/labour/idea for repair

tip : rewelded (TIG) original split part and added gusset to left side as support as the design should have done in first place as the cable leans that way

Picture 1 repaired section

Picture 2 additional piece

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members