Stoneacre is dead - long live MK SEAT (Milton Keynes)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I drove past this morning & spotted the lack of Hyundai's & Daywoo's out front - drove back & the sign had changed too!

So I popped in & had a chat.

The place is getting the overhaul it desperately needed - I've not been in for several months, but it's getting the attention it needs

Stock is a bit thin on the ground, All the Comet salesman have gone, and after a good chat with the Dealer Principle - they're only going to sell SEAT's

Discounted servicing, and a bit of a tie in with us (once again) will be excellent news for anyone in the area.

Things can only look good!

More to come on this

Mark

carterc_ae

This could be good news for me, as I had anticipated going to Aylesbury for my service in a few months time - either that or go out of franchise to Skoda at Westcroft.

I have only been in the Seat fold since August so I don't know all the reasons for Stoneacre having such a bad reputation. A friend of ours said they were very expensive for services, and for test drives and sales info I found them lacking, but was this the management or the staff? Is everyone new at the new look MK Seat or is anyone from the old regime being retained?

Chris

MK8

m0rk said:
Stock is a bit thin on the ground, All the Comet salesman have gone, and after a

what did you mean all the comet salesman have gone?

I heard its called 4motion or something? or is that rubbish. i hope its much better aswell, and will honour my two free services Stoneacre gave me.

Will they also take over my warrenty now do you know?

WHYME

Apr 22, 2002
MK
Visit site
X20HER said:
what did you mean all the comet salesman have gone?

I heard its called 4motion or something? or is that rubbish. i hope its much better aswell, and will honour my two free services Stoneacre gave me.

Will they also take over my warrenty now do you know?

Unfortunately you may need to go to Peterborough to get your servicing, I bought a part from Stoneacre which was the wrong part. When I rang up to bring it back in I got fired around a few stoneacre offices with no definate answer as to what they would do. Been well over a week and nothing has been sorted....

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I think 4 people (techs) were being carried over.

- all change -

by 'comet' salesmen - I meant the type of kid you get selling TV's, washing machines, extended warrantee's at Comet

MK8

I know what you mean, it would be good to see sa bunch of professionls in there, with no attidude, and really good customer service.

P.S where do you go for your tyres? need a new set tomorrow, and i went to about 8 places today looking for Dunlop Sp 2000 on a 205/45/16 and no one had them, or they were over a ton! will have to go tomorrow.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
A place over in Wellingborough is where we've been twice now. ~£60 or so.. email me & I'll try & remember the details

wardy

X20HER, Bletchley Tyres gave me a good quote for some Mich Pilot Sports last week. Don't have the number here it's at work, maybe worth giving them a call.

wardy

Sorry don't know, bloke at work gave me the number. Didn't use them in the end as ended up using Bourne End Tyres in Hemel who I would recomended. (had to go that way anyway)

But they did quote pretty similar to mytyres all fitted, I think it was 100 each + VAT for Pilot sports 225/45/17.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members