How many Miles per Tank??

Dyna-Mikee

Sep 23, 2004
I get between 250 and 350 from the LCR, depending on how heavy my right foot is feeling.

I've never driven like a saint for a whole tank full, but when I do, the trip comp tells me I'm getting 35mpg.

My daily run consists of half motorway, half country roads. It all sort of evens out to an average of about 28-30mpg usually.

I found it also depends on the fuel. I get best fuel economy from Optimax, and best performance (win-win, chuffin' expensive habit though!)

Spanky

Banana Virgin..
Feb 5, 2005
Preston, Lancashire
Not had it long enough to give a accurate picture, but my first tank went in about 200-250 miles.... trying to peedle about on this tank, done 90 miles and the gauge aint moved yet.... good start, its all downhill from here !!

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
WHYME said:
I get 200 everytime, which works out at 34mpg ... gotta love that 30 litre tank!! And I rag it ALL the time..
good lad thats what i like to see,f**k fuel economy have some fun and upset as many people as you can......................:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: heres to an asbo:lol:

MK8

I have a mark 4 Ibiza, its done 23.5K miles, I just got right down to nearly empty, and got 302 miles out of it.

That was from 47.17 litres @ 88.9p/litre, woks out to be 29mpg! Seems a bit low to me. I would say about 70% was normal driving for me aswell.

CUPRA99

Sep 20, 2004
West Yorkshire
I find when driving on the motorway in 6th doing no more than 70mph you can average around 35mpg. Ive turned really sad, I constantly look at the petrol gauge hoping it doesnt move.

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
Like the other smokers I return around 500 miles to a tank. I try to be sensible but then a sweeping road comes along and hey presto - my right foot gets a tad heavy.

mr. Hedgehog

Has gone to the Darkside
Nov 1, 2004
Malvern
All these figures seem low compared to the book combined economy of 33 for my 20VT - OK - discount a bit for revo, but it was still rubbish on fuel before it. Hence the decision:

Leon - fun car
Fabia VRS - sensible works car - (60.9 mpg av this tank - thats nearly 3 x the economy of the leon :))

paul h

Dec 22, 2005
Lincoln
Spanky said:
Not a full tank, but I got 260 out of £40 (Optimax @ 92.9p) this week, mix of motorway and town driving.....
That was good i get around 200 miles to a tank :lol: bit heavy footed and mostly town driving

ianc

Nov 1, 2005
Berkshire
Computer reckons 280 on a full tank, 05 LCR. I regularly do a 220mile North-south run and the fuel warning beeps before I reach my destination. IMO, paying extra for 98 pays for itself in fuel economy.

JohnBeard

I get about 350 out of a full tank out of my 2001 Leon Cupra T - I don't particularly rag it, and until it's warmed up I try to avoid the turbo kicking in. Maybe I'm just too sad!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Spanky said:
Update: I have done 272 miles and the gauge is showing just under half way.

I've been driving Miss Daisy mind..!!

you watch how quick the second half goes:D

oh and i have just over half a tank left and 279 miles done so far on a 45 ltr tank. Could break the 500 barrier, i know a couple of the tdi sport ibiza guys got something like 700 from a tank.

PABLO ESCABAR

formally CUPRASMIFF
Jun 26, 2005
staffordshire
JohnBeard said:
I get about 350 out of a full tank out of my 2001 Leon Cupra T - I don't particularly rag it, and until it's warmed up I try to avoid the turbo kicking in. Maybe I'm just too sad!
i naver rag mine till its hot or at least a few miles ,then the fun begins as i said earlier 200 to a full tank ,as long asi hear the turbo screemin and the dv wooshin i'm happy,hence thats why i bought a cupra
i drive a works van allday so when im allowed out to play i do,:thumbup: :worship:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.