Jabba remap...

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Jabba remap... now with graphs!

Where to start?!

I went to jabba yesterday for my custom remap and I left very disappointed :(

First of all my car is literally just over a year old with 10.5 k on the clock.

It has a modified air box
Bueflame 3” DP, 100 cell cat, 2.75” cat back system
Samco TIP
Forge FMIC
Forge 007p DV

And before they remapped it they put it on the rollers and I got… 221.3 bhp @6286rpm and 301nm @ 3134rpm

Gutted to say the least!

221.jpg

But if u look at the graph, they were saying that the car was holding back and that they thought this would limit them when they tried to remap it!

They remapped it and got 240 odd bhp, but they mapped it to 95ron fuel because they were not satisfied with the results they were getting from the original run with the sainsubury's 97ron i had in it; as it was holding back.

They said it was down to my fuel and that I should be using 98ron fuel (which it does say in the fuel cap! :doh: )

They said with my mods they were expecting to see about 235/240bhp with the standard map!

as a result, they convinced me to have the boost controller fitted (as this will help them to map it better) and im booked in with them next Thursday morning and they have the full day to map my car!

They said they saw 6 to 8 even 11 at one stage in the cycylinders (block 20 of vag com) and it should only be 0 or 1 apprantly.

Also they said its to do with the timing and the fact the ecu is holding it back or something.

So they have told me to only use optimax in my car to get over this fueling problem and that’s wat il do, so come Thursday the tank will have optimax in it for them to map it to!

Im also doing them a favour, cos they havnt mapped a LCR with the forge FMIC and my mods they said, so it will be good for them to get a comparison.

I am very gutted, but im looking forward to getting it sorted!

As for the moment, im back to standard map and my car feels quicker with the boost controller, think im holding 1 or 2psi more!

But anyways, wat u guys think?!

Im just hoping that with jabbas' vast experience with 20v Ts that they will be able to sort me out!

thanks,

james :)

Last edited:

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
They will sort it mate,don't worry. Sounds like the ecu is retarding ignition big time and pulling back your power,possibly fuel related.I see 6's at the moment but have very aggresive timing map.Mike is right shouldn't be seeing more than 3's.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
ryan_s3 said:
They will sort it mate,don't worry. Sounds like the ecu is retarding ignition big time and pulling back your power,possibly fuel related.I see 6's at the moment but have very aggresive timing map.Mike is right shouldn't be seeing more than 3's.

nice to know they can sort (i hope! :)) but what else do you think it can be?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
ryan_s3 said:

yea this is exactly what wat they said... so apart from fuel, wat else could be causing this? :confused:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
changing from 97 to 98 won't change a correction of 11 though!

Sounds like they couldn't adjust the timing map? what are they going to do differently? - and what reassurances do you have that they won't waste another day?

When this happened to a friend of mine (I went incognito) we wasted a whole day 'custom' remapping, and left how it came inbecause he couldn't understand it....

I hope you walked away not paying a cent though.

Last edited:

ryan_s3

Mar 27, 2004
a standard car shouldn't be pulling 11 degrees of timing,i agree it won't be all fuel related,i reckon that it can make 2 degrees of difference though.The ecu is seeing something it doesn't like,major det.

comments are a bit harsh,there was/is obviously a underlaying problem.

Riddick_m3

Mar 17, 2005
Sudbury, Suffolk
oh dear now i know what your text was about james, unlucky geezer sure it will be sorted out though, as above i cant see it being just the fuel but have my fingers crossed for you,

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
If it was the fuel, then it wouldn't have pulled so well stock. I logged a stock LCR running on 95ron & that pulled about 5.5 CR

maybe there is a problem with their modified map....

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
11CR on the cylinders ???? Thats far too much!

I'm with Pete on the stock figures - 221 bhp is pretty good.

And I'm with m0rk on the rest :) Optimax might be an improvement, but I seriously don't see it correcting an 11CR.... 1 or 2 perhaps, but not 11.

I'm assuming the 11CR is what they found when your car was std, before the map?

Glenn

Oct 15, 2001
Visit site
Long shot but knock sensors are essentially just microphones, they have to be tightened to a specific torque so that they give correct readings. If there is a noise in the engine bay at the same sort of frequency & amplitude as detonation, it's possible that it could be triggering the sensor with a false reading. If I had a car that was pulling unusually large amounts of timing on a conservative map, I'd (a) check the condition/torque of the knock sensor and (b) look for confirmation other than timing pull in VAG-COM, that det was actually occurring - i.e check the K.S. is telling the truth.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
they said they saw 6s and 7s and one 11 but i think that was with their mapp!

yesterday i did some logging and for the 4 cyclinders the highest i saw was...

2.3......3......2.3......1.5......@ 5360rpm
0........3.8......3.........3.......@ 5520rpm

this was logged whilst driving hard through 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears (car was on supermarket 97RON.... now has optimax in it)

so no 11s!!!!

so maybe all is wel now? :confused: :blink:

looking at my powergraph.... do u think it looks strange? how its not entirely smooth at the top of the power curve.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members