A monumentally stupid idea at Silverstone….

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
when I read the title I though ' another one'

it's weird though, there is loads (and I mean loads) of land around to build on

F1 is loud, and you can hear it clearly from my work in Towcester, and on the weekend you can hear their 'experience' days - that's 5ish miles away

nobody will want to live there

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
m0rk said:
They will, though. That is the problem, and then someone with connections to the local council or in the legal system will post a 'noise nuisance' petition and cause the same problems that Brands, Croft, Castle Combe, Rockingham etc have at the moment, and, like Brands, the circuit was there before the complainants.

Not much chance of the Britcar 24 hrs, then :headhurt:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
funny this has come up.similar but totally different.
a guy from london bought a house with one of our sewage pumping stations in his garden,we have right of access down his drive,and the station has an overflow,so if it breaks down the sewage will rise in the station and then discharge into the river ,also in his garden.
he moved in in august and in november it broke down.he played up holy f**k,because we attened the site with tankers and fitters at 8pm at night "without his permission".
the houses should be bought by petrolheads who will sit in the garden enjoying the soundtrack :)

JKM

SCN Sponsor
Apr 25, 2005
Are they the corners used in the D1 drifting competion ?
That would do that series the world of good...NOT!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
m0rk said:
when I read the title I though ' another one'

it's weird though, there is loads (and I mean loads) of land around to build on

F1 is loud, and you can hear it clearly from my work in Towcester, and on the weekend you can hear their 'experience' days - that's 5ish miles away

I was surprised to hear the Porsche Carrera Cup cars last year when I opened my friend's bathroom window 8 miles down the road in Buckingham. :blink: So god knows what it'll be like living next door when F1 cars are passing.

Stupid idea. Not only will it ruin a great F1 circuit, but I fear the people who are stupid enough to buy the houses will protest before long if it all goes ahead. Even though they know what they're buying into. The Great British Public everyone! :rolleyes:

Cadwell

The report says
Details of specific housing plots have not yet been released, but the Daily Telegraph reports that they would be accommodated by cutting out Club, Abbey and Bridge corners and moving the circuit to the east.

So you'ld lose the whole Club/Abbey/Farm/Bridge/Priory section. Presumably they'd hang a right shortly after Stowe - perhaps even turning Stowe into a hairpin and come back up the line of the old runway - and pick up the National Straight at some point then come into Brooklands that way.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.