Result from Powerstation

Glenn

Oct 15, 2001
Visit site
Martyn said:
Well....after a coming home from my parents tonight I think we've discovered the problem lol. MAF expired (Signal too low)....Time of death...19.34pm 20/02/2006 - RIP!

Hmmm, mine was a smidge lower than yours when we did that swap-testing....wonder if mine's on the way out? Not bad I suppose, lasted 4 years so far on stock airbox/filter.

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Martyn said:
Wooohooo! All fixed now AND i'm finally seeing over 160g/s now! All fixed with another new MAF and replacement wiring/connectors of the MAF plug! :)
:coolthumb :dance: :yes: Thats more like the reading you should get Mart, feking mafs eh?, most common failure on 320d bmw as well:(

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
Nice one Martyn, very good figures for a K03. Is there anything we can do to stop MAF's dieing so easily?? how can you limit the amount of vibration, just make sure the TIP and CAI is bolted up and mounted as tight as possible??

I've heard of some Mk4 golf guys actually hoovering out their MAFs every month to keep them dirt free, guess keeping the air filter regularly cleaned will help aswell.